Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Paid Social Manager
Sony Pictures is rethinking Digital Marketing, building a best-in-class data foundation and launching an in-house Digital Media Buying team. This team will be entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of a new internal marketing function while growing and evolving to meet the needs of Sony's business. All members are expected to come in with a start-up mentality (ambitious, hands-on, etc.) – eager to build the future digital-first workforce of Sony Pictures.
The Paid Social Manager will be responsible for end-to-end campaign management of social media activities, including executing, optimizing and managing campaign budgets and pacing. The ideal candidate must be very solutions-oriented, working across internal and external teams, as well as 'hands-on-keyboard' to proactively identify and solve problems and ensure flawless campaign execution. The Manager will accomplish these goals by:
Designing best-practice paid social campaigns, synthesizing inputs from various campaign stakeholders (e.g., incorporating test-&-learn plans from Data Operations team, aligning audience targeting to broader media team goals, etc.) Ensuring campaign best practices are properly established and consistently deployed on all paid social media platforms.
• Campaign Planning: The Manager will be responsible for planning strategic paid social campaign executions for Sony theatrical movie releases. He/She will also work directly with the internal planning teams and agency partners, acting as the primary point of contact for creative asset delivery, strategy development and budget details in preparation for campaign launch and post-campaign wrap-up.
• Campaign Setup and QA: The Manager will be responsible for delegating setup tasks (to Paid Social Associates) & QA-ing in-platform campaigns before launch, ensuring campaigns are error-free and compliant with all Sony PMG best practices. He/She will work also work collaboratively with the Associate(s) and provide support and guidance across campaign setup & execution workstreams. On the data front, the Manager will work extensively with internal and external teams to ensure 1st party data segments 'piped' correctly to platform(s) before launch.
• Campaign Management and Optimizations: The Manager will be responsible for optimization decisions for all Sony Media paid social campaigns, often daily, as performance concerns & optimization opportunities are bubbled-up by Associates in-console. In addition, he/she will monitor audience performance data analysis and actively optimize across platforms while measuring performance and recommending further opportunities to drive performance.
• Analytics and Reporting: The Manager will manage a daily tracker to monitor all pacing / performance changes & optimizations. He/She will develop weekly and post-campaign performance reports for the Sony Media team, which will provide analysis, insights, and some visualization. The Manager will also collaborate with the data analytics team to ensure all testing initiatives are set-up and measured appropriately so valuable creative and media insights can be gathered by end of test/campaign.
• Billing Responsibility: The Manager will coordinate billing tasks between Associates on the team, and work with internal finance team(s) to provide monthly approvals & per-campaign actualization reports.
• People Management: The Manager will actively mentor Associate members and provide guidance, QA support, etc., across job functions mentioned above. Management responsibilities are expected to take up 20-30% of the Paid Social Manager's time.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 years of experience executing paid social or digital media role (with focus on social)
• Deep understanding of how paid social interacts with data, programmatic, planning and paid search teams
• Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
• Proficient in other MS Office products like Word and PowerPoint
• In-platform management for all major social channels including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat
• Media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, formats, etc.
• Strategic thinking skills to connect social media strategy to larger Sony Media objectives
• Biddable media planning, strategy and optimization techniques
• Programmatically-bought paid social activity desirable
• Paid search, programmatic display & reservation-based buying desirable
• Experience with DoubleClick and other 3rd party tracking solutions needed
• Manage high campaign volumes, large budgets – all while driving quantifiable results
• Analyze and interpret large amounts of data
• Proficient in Excel with an analytical thought process
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
• Develop work processes for junior team members to follow from campaign start to finish
• Articulate complex tech-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Develop best practices and contribute to SPE knowledge sharing effort
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Burns Bldg
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, visit our wesbite.