Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures is rethinking Digital Marketing, building a best-in-class data foundation and launching an in-house Digital Media Buying team. This team will be entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of a new internal marketing function while growing and evolving to meet the needs of Sony's business. All members are expected to come in with a start-up mentality (ambitious, hands-on, etc.) – eager to build the future digital-first workforce of Sony Pictures. The Social Lead will be tasked with laying the vision and foundation for the new in-house social team, overseeing channel buying strategy, setup, execution and analytics, and will additionally support the development of junior members on the team. The Social Lead will have fiscal responsibility in managing budgets, monitoring execution, optimizations, and billing across all in-house paid social platforms.
Tactically, the Social Lead will accomplish these goals by building team processes and workflows for Social buying within both the new Performance Media Group, and the broader Sony media team Working with internal planning teams to design and deliver integrated social media campaigns, aligning test initiative goals into executable actions. Acting as the primary point of contact for all social media matters, ensuring education of best practices and providing expert advice and guidance to Sony execs and campaign stakeholders.
For success in this role, it is imperative the Social Lead be ambitious, self-starting, disciplined and curious in creation and development of paid social media campaigns. He/She must be equipped with strong quant skills to monitor performance signals/data and must be willing to provide ''hands-on-keyboard'' support from time to time as needed. Additionally, he/she must show strong leadership potential and entrepreneurial spirit – we're looking for someone eager to dive into the challenges & rewards that will come with building Sony Pictures' paid social activity from the ground up.
The Social Lead will not only be responsible for effective oversight of paid social campaigns, but also will support integration of these tactics within a broader movie release campaign, interweaving Social into the overall cross-channel campaign strategy. The Lead will work to establish an operational foundation across multiple social platforms, as well as supporting individual campaign strategy and execution. Detailed responsibilities include:
• Overseeing day-to-day workflows and ensuring all campaign performance tracks toward goals. Coordinating the campaign QA process and ensure all campaigns are executed flawlessly.
• Championing paid social platforms and other methods of social buying (e.g., programmatically, via DSPs), advocating for strategic best-practice, and educating campaign stakeholders on the overall social media landscape
• Leading the development and presentation of weekly and post-campaign performance reporting for the Sony Media team, including analytic output, actionable insights, and visualization.
• Conducting audits to identify potential areas of opportunities to improve campaign workflow and performance.
• Identifying new platforms, partners and integrations, evaluating these (and existing platforms) over time and maintaining a strategic POV and partner/platform roadmap.
• Overseeing social media budgets, managing deadlines, actualization and reconciliation for paid social campaigns.
• Developing and implementing a robust 1st-party audience/data strategy from numerous proprietary data sources (across the Sony portfolio) leading up to a movie's release.
• Oversee channel forecasting, optimization methodologies and test ideation in partnership with Data Analytics.
• Bachelor's degree
• 8-10 years of experience
• Proficient in other MS Office products like Word and PowerPoint
• Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
• Hands-on executional experience with planning and running large-scale paid social activity on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, formats, etc.
• Proven track record managing high campaign volume, large budgets, complex strategies, and driving quantifiable results
• Cross-channel media strategy: the skills to connect social media plans to larger Sony Media objectives
• Biddable media planning, strategy and optimization techniques
• Programmatically-bought paid social activity desirable
• Paid search, programmatic display & reservation-based buying desirable
• Experience with DoubleClick and other 3rd party tracking solutions required
• Analyze and interpret large amounts of data
• Proficient in Excel with an analytical thought process
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
• Develop work processes for junior team members to follow from campaign start to finish
• Articulate complex tech-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Develop best practices and contribute to SPE knowledge sharing effort
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Burns Bldg
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.