Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, Outsourcing & Professional Services
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager – Outsourcing and Professional Services is a key member of the procurement team focused across the Professional Services categories. The team is responsible for initiating and managing strategic procurement activities, outsourcing opportunities, and contract negotiations to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and improve value for Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE). The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager will work with various stakeholders across the company (both domestic and international), including HR, Finance, and IT to understand, analyze, and optimize their spend across all Professional Services. The ideal candidate will have a rich experience in IT and/or Business Process Outsourcing with a background in strategic sourcing and procurement of various types of professional services, a financial and analytical track record, and be able to work successfully with senior management, legal, and financial representatives of SPE to deliver measurable savings and results.
This individual will be responsible for insourcing/outsourcing assessments, stakeholder and supplier relationship management, planning, execution, and control of outsourcing programs impacting multiple business functions of SPE businesses.
The incumbent will also support and drive multiple business transformation initiatives in their assigned sub-categories, with a strong analytical focus, project management discipline, and understanding of underlying business strategies.
• Develop and manage category plans and deliver procurement value-add (PVA, BVA, and TVA) for Outsourcing and Professional Services sub-categories by optimizing third-party supplier relationships and negotiating effective contracts.
• Build Stakeholder engagement and develop effective relationships to establish a trusted partner position and deliver business value-add
• Execute Strategic Sourcing activities and ensure ongoing contract management
• Supplier Relationship Management and governance
• Manage change driven by procurement initiatives and steer the business in the appropriate direction
• Coach other team members, suppliers, and stakeholders in optimization of third-party supplier relationships
• 10+ years of Outsourcing Category Management
• BA/BS required
• MBA strongly preferred
• CPM/CPSM or other similar certification preferred
• Experience with Supplier Relationship and Performance Management, Strategic Sourcing, Project Management, Agile or Lean Six Sigma methodology and Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing
• Ideation, implementation, and measurement of existing and new processes related to outsourcing programs.
• Cross-functional, collaborative working in a team-oriented environment
• End-to-end service management; including governance, solutioning, due diligence, discovery, and transition execution
• Management of complex multi-country engagements involving multi-party governance, engagement management setup (including SLA definition, delivery set-up) and definition of service delivery processes
• Project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem-solving skills; quantitative and qualitative analyses
• Strategic vision and creative thinking, including the ability to look beyond existing paradigms, and change the organization according to new business concepts
• Ability to navigate and operate across and within a matrix and functional organization and to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
• Effective communicator and influencer. Comfortable presenting in front of senior leadership audiences. Facilitates workshops and resolves possible conflict.
• Hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach with strong cross-functional collaboration and team play
• Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Ambitious, motivated to go the extra mile, and able to perform in a demanding work environment
• High standard of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects; must be detail oriented and highly skilled at time management.
• Must be able to develop process where none existed, create blueprints for thought processes, build collaborative relationships amongst peers and superiors, learn language of every functional business group, recommend and develop comprehensive plans and initiatives to improve business, communication, and performance in multiple areas. Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity.
• A positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to build relationships at all levels to establish oneself as a trusted advisor
• A strong work ethic, high personal values, and standards
• Experience working in IT services, financial services, human resources, legal services, and/or with an outsourcing company is preferred
• Proactive, self-starter - entrepreneurial
• Expert level Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills with the ability to create effective presentations and build accurate financial models
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios