Senior Sales Executive, Distribution Nordics & Benelux
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Sales Executive, Distribution – Nordics & Benelux
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
This is a key role within the London based distribution team. The successful candidate will need to be a very strong sales professional and team player, supporting all aspects of the Nordics & Benelux distribution business including, but not limited to, the following core duties and responsibilities:
• Sales and Business Development: Work hand in hand with the Vice President & Senior Sales Manager to manage existing deal commitments and partnerships as well as create and initiate new business opportunities across the territory, achieving and exceeding sales budget. Ensure in-depth product knowledge across all product categories and continuously working towards generating incremental revenue opportunities across the entirety of SPT's product portfolio. Be at the forefront of market trends including the evolution of our competition and clients.
• Deal Negotiation and Management: Support sales efforts across the territory, in partnership and close collaboration with the Vice President & Senior Sales Manager. Tend to negotiations collaborating with SPE's legal counsel and wider team. Assist in creating, negotiating and papering smart and favorable terms which meet strategic objectives, within SPT's policies and guidelines, ensuring optimization of commitments (product / grant of rights) versus revenue generation.
• Digital Business Management and Development: Work hand in hand with the Vice President and Senior Sales Manager to manage existing deal commitments and partnerships as well as create and initiate new business opportunities across the territory. Explore sales strategies for all business models together with immediate team and direct supervisor: goals and priorities seeking optimum market participation for SPT in SVOD and any other form of media exploitation.
• Budget Setting: Assist in preparing annual sales budgets as well as mid-range plans. Provide sales estimates and projections on individual deals and products, ultimately ensuring that such projections and budgets are met or exceeded. Provide regular updates on sales performance.
• Account Management and Relationships: Grow, develop and nurture strong and lasting relationships with key clients, partners, managers and internal stakeholders in the primary territory as well as, when and if needed, in the wider territory cluster.
• Sales Planning: Understand all aspects of sales planning; including optimization of product windowing and pricing, maximizing the value of our products whilst taking into consideration our business objectives, market conditions, best practice and utilizing in-depth analysis. Determine how to unlock more value from deal-making activities; understand the ''client value'' of a product. Work closely with immediate team including the Vice President, Research, Analysis and Finance teams as well as wider sales planning team across EMEA.
• Analysis: Work with the Vice President, Senior Sales Manager, Research and Analysis – as well as other divisions within Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), to analyze data (subscription/transactional/viewership), building and structuring insights into product performance and revenue trends; subsequently crafting and presenting business ideas on how to further increase product/revenue performance.
• Operations: Closely collaborate with the territory team to continuously improve processes and performance. Work with the operations teams in Los Angeles and London seeking to increase efficiency and accuracy of the avail lists generation, management and administration of contracts, amendments, start orders, change orders, approvals, draft allocations, product delivery etc.
• Marketing, Promotions & Publicity: Work closely with Marketing colleagues to assist in presentation preparation and tactical efforts to improve pre/post-sales work in order to enhance our content pitches, client relationships and business activities.
• Sony Relationships: Develop relationships with key stakeholders within Sony Pictures Television as well as across other key divisions at SPE (Theatrical, Production, Legal, GMS, People & Organization, etc), and with other Sony Corp. entities such as Sony Music, Electronics, Sony Mobile and PlayStation.
The individual must have and/or demonstrate:
• Typically 3-5 years' experience and track record of achievements within the TV/film distribution business, with focus on sales including both finished programming and formats sales
• Good understanding of all forms of TV/film distribution: Free TV, Pay TV, Basic TV, TVOD, EST, SVOD and PPV
• Experience in successfully supporting complex deal negotiations with the ability to clearly analyze, evaluate and then communicate opportunities, uncertainties and risks to the Vice President. Working hand-in-hand with Legal and other departments.
• Understanding of technology, digital distribution business models and client requirements.
• Ability to assist in managing the end to end sales process; pre-sales analysis, deal preparation, product presentation, negotiation and execution. Post-sales relationship management and deal optimization.
• Confident ''self-starter'' who is a creative, critical and autonomous thinker; thrives under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines.
• Communicative, proactive problem solver, flexible, adaptable, pragmatic and resourceful with strong organizational skills – works independently and uses own initiative.
• Very confident presentation and sales skills, adept at managing client relationships as well as internal relationships.
• Must be a collaborative team player; must be able to adapt, with the ability to work hand-in hand with the Legal and Business Affairs, Technology, Marketing, Publicity, Research, Operations, Analysis and other departments.
• Solid financial modeling and analytical skills, with a high proficiency in Excel and experience in consolidating and analyzing complex data and information from multiple sources.
• Proficient in Power Point and Word, being able to present information in a concise and effective manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel to individual markets in the territory on an occasional/ad hoc basis.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable)
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London