Senior Reporting and Analysis Manager - Digital
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2022 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Reporting and Analysis Manager - Digital jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Reporting and Analysis Manager - Digital postings
Full Time Job
Senior Reporting and Analysis Manager - Digital (DAP)
Senior Reporting and Analysis Manager - Digital (DAP)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
The Senior Reporting and Analysis Manager - Digital (DAP) is a crucial role within the Digital Acceleration Project team. Playing a key role in the growth strategy of Sony SPE's digital transactional side of the business, this role is largely stakeholder and business facing but with analytics and data visualisation equally as important. With varied and interesting day to day tasks, this role has fantastic development opportunities as part of a successful team!
• The Digital Acceleration Project has been underway for the last 3 years. It was built from a single global strategic decision to dramatically accelerate the growth of the digital transactional (EST/VOD/PVOD) business around the world over and above standard market growth and market share targets across 20 key territories.
• We undertook a deep review of all aspects of the business in 20 key territories including pricing, product, marketing, process, rights, key clients, market developments and importantly consumer insights research. Each Local team was then set ambitious stretch targets over and above the standard budgeted targets and growth rates.
• A new database has been created internally; aggregating sales and revenue data from around the world to enable us to accurately interrogate sales data at macro and micro levels. A series of DAP dedicated Tableau standardised dashboards have been created to help provide quick and easy ways into understanding performance across multiple audiences.
• By the end of 2022 we intend to have all territories using the DAP Database as the one source of truth. This requires someone dedicated to ensuring local teams have access to all the data they need, developing dashboards and reports, educating teams to the benefits and uses of the dashboards as well as maintaining data integrity.
• In an increasingly competitive FMCG environment we need to be able to:
• Update senior management on title performance
• Track against financial targets
• Forecast future performance
• Adjust marketing spend depending on campaign responses
• Provide practical intelligence to our teams on the ground
• Have one source of the truth on sales data
• Use insights from the data to advise future plans and strategies
• Use data to support the whole Digital Acceleration Program
• Use data to ensure the best possible outcomes of our negotiations with retailers
The DAP Reporting & Analysis role responsibilities include:
Reporting, Analysis & Insights
• Be able to both manage the detailed data but also and, in many ways, more importantly interrogate that data and uncover the insights that we will use to drive the business forward.
• Help to prepare presentations and updates for senior management on performance of the international business / titles / campaigns / as required
• Structure and collate regular updates on the performance of the DAP initiative Vs. target across the participating territories.
• Maintain New Release reports – delivering regular updates on global performance from weeks 1-8 on all major releases.
• Build and maintain a reporting suite covering the new transactional windows with a view to understanding impact on performance Vs. standard window performance.
• Help to develop and manage key central projects that will benefit all international territories around use of data and insights to support business growth
• Prepare weekly insights for discussion within the DAP Central Team meeting.
• Present DAP global performance and relevant insight at the monthly global DAP presentations to an audience of c.120 colleagues from around the world.
• Support the TV Distribution Sales Analysis team with regional and local retailer Home Ent insights to aid negotiations with retailers
• Provide Ad-hoc analysis as required
• Work across 20+ territories around the world, which will include some out of hours calls and potential travel (subject to COVID restrictions / company travel policy)
• Provide participating territories with support in analysis, performance and impact of initiatives, title launches, whilst also identifying key insights around their businesses
• Meet regularly with participating territory project leads to build strong relationships and understanding to support the delivery of insights and data that will help to drive growth in their territories
• Share best practices between territories where applicable
• Provide local Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
Be the DAP Database Super-User
• The person in this role will be the expert in using, maintaining and developing the DAP Database and dashboards, working very closely with the technical team who have built the database and also with the teams on the ground who are using the dashboards' day in day out.
The DAP Database is the core source for all DAP related analysis.
• Ensure local teams have access to all the data they need to extract the most value from the business locally without the need for the local team to also develop their own separate data and tracking systems.
• Provide territories with user support, assist with data and reporting queries and deliver training to new users
• Work closely with the Data Science team to develop any new Dashboards and analytical tool requirements.
• Perform regular data quality checks, collaborating with the Sales Analytics, Data Science and Business Relationship Management teams to troubleshoot data discrepancies and ensure the smooth running of the system
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience of working across territories / regions preferable
• Have a good understanding of the digital transactional business, its key levers, its key challenges and key clients
• Educated to degree level
• Experience of interrogating and consolidating data from multiple sources to ensure robustness of assumptions, data & extract key insights to inform business strategy
• Background likely to be research / consulting but with a solid intuition for business
Skills / Abilities:
• Inquisitive, critical thinker, proactive problem solver, together with the ability to be flexible, adaptable and resourceful
• Able to find important trends and insights in data and package and communicate those to the business in a logical, transparent and clear way that will enable our teams around the world to drive business performance improvements
• Keen sense of process and entrepreneurial approach
• Ability to build effective business networks
• Strong financial modelling and analytical skills, with a high-level proficiency in Excel and Tableau (or equivalent data visualization tools)
• Ability to draw insights and articulate those insights in concise, usable and presentable ways
• Ability to work with agility and to use own initiative in all situations
• An effective teammate
• Strong project management skills
• Comfortable with multiple detailed deliverables for multiple owners including working with many internal partners from junior levels to senior management
• Strong MS Excel, MS PowerPoint skills
• Ability to apply financial discipline and data-driven approach in all areas of the business
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London