Senior Product Manager - Payments
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Product Manager - Payments - Funimation
Funimation is looking for a Senior Product Manager - Payments to join our Product & Engineering team. This position plays a key role in the management of all the payment integrations, helping to analyze, define product requirements and ensuring the release of high quality digital experiences that meet the needs of the business.
Critical to growth is Funimation's ability to drive smart product decisions based on analytics, market awareness, and competitive analysis. You will guide product decisions, on short and long-term feature and content strategy, and will bring strategic focus and business acumen to the team. You must be passionate about, and represent the voice and needs of, our fans as well as our internal teams and stakeholders. You will capture and analyze business requirements, with an eye towards media & entertainment industry trends, and translate that knowledge into solutions that deliver meaningful experiences to our fans.
The Senior Product Manager is a person who is deeply connected to the world of digital subscriptions & payments; a person who understands consumer behavior (data driven) and evolving trends with respect to payments and subscriptions Internationally. The Product Manager will be responsible for creating applications that lead the consumer through a funnel of activity that runs from on-boarding/subscription signup & reporting. This position's primary responsibility is to oversee product initiatives and to scope out the technical feasibility of the initiatives specifically around payment integrations across all Funimation streaming platforms. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of payment integration application development, latest features and trends in International subscription payment gateways, and product management best practices so as to be able to effectively manage multiple concurrent feature integrations and reporting. The candidate should have in depth experience in spearheading various payment integrations - credit cards, wallets, In app payments, cash to digital payments, telco payments, payment bundles etc
The Senior Product Manager will be an individual contributor and will report into the Product Engineering Team and will work alongside a team of product managers each tasked with owning a particular platform or user experience.
• Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company vision.
• Conduct data-driven competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap.
• Keep on top of industry trends and technologies and be prepared to apply them quickly.
• Be an advocate for simplicity, style, usability and represent the voice of the customer in every product discussion.
• Work with cross-functional teams to identify business problems, and construct high-level product epics, features and user stories features.
• Conduct regular ideation and specification sessions to ensure alignment of stakeholders across departments, business lines, and partner organizations.
• Integrate usability studies, user research, A/B testing, analytics and market analysis into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs.
• Author detailed product briefs explaining the why and the what for a given initiative.
• Deliver crisp product requirements - that are easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
• Write stories and acceptance criteria, that bring your product strategy to life, collaborating with: Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and UX/UI.
• Act as the main point of contact for product questions, issues, and feedback.
• • Groom platform product backlog as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
• Work with release team to ensure final products are built to the product specification and UI/UX specifications.
• Provide assistance for customer escalations to quickly resolve customer satisfaction issues.
• Define hypotheses for new features and set clearly defined goals and metrics.
• Review product performance against KPIs, test and make feature improvements.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
• Experience: Must have 5-7 years' experience shipping products and features for a high-quality streaming service or consumer technology company.
• Background in the building and operating one of the following type of products: web, mobile or connected TV
• Excellent product judgment: You have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound judgments based on tradeoffs of different solutions, complex problems, various stakeholders, and many constraints. You have an in-depth understanding of what makes a user experience good or bad, and strong intuition for what the customer wants to do.
• Incredible attention to detail: You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
• Customer advocacy: You are passionate about and care deeply for the consumer/fan.
• Analytical Skills: You have experience using data analytics (user testing, data analysis, and multivariate testing) to measure the performance of a solution.
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company and product ahead of any particular idea. You have experience working with engineers.
• Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, merchandising, and communicating directly with our community. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
*Funimation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription app, which is available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding.