Senior Network Engineer
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Network Engineer (12 month contract)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment's London office are currently seeking a senior technical resource to join their team focused on Operations and Project Delivery.
Whilst the primary focus of this role will be in the networking arena, the team's remit covers core-infrastructure technology design, build, implementation and 2nd/3rd level support in the following areas:
• Cisco based environment,
• WAN/LAN infrastructure,
• Internet connectivity,
• Network Security,
• Digital Multimedia,
• Remote Access,
• Network Management
• and Server Technology/Operating Systems.
Other Responsibilities will include:
• Identify and troubleshoot problems within the network environment.
• Liaise with 3rd party vendors and partner support organizations.
• Update and configure Network Management systems.
• Perform scheduled work outside of normal business hours incl weekends.
• Travel to offices located around the world to perform job-related support/implementation tasks and/or attend meetings.
• Participate in an 'on-call' reactive support process providing 07:00 to 19:00.
• This will be on approximately 1 week in 4 basis. Although normal hours of work are 9am – 530pm.
Please note – this position may involve some travel and will include some weekend/evening hours.
• Typically 5 years experience within a Network Support Team ideally providing support to Cisco based, global LAN and WAN networks.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to function equally effectively both within a busy team environment or on an individual basis.
• Flexible approach to your work as occasional out of hours and weekend work may be necessary.
• Communication protocols [including TCP/IP]
• IP routing principles and routing protocols [including EIGRP, BGP]
• LAN technologies [including Ethernet, VLANs, Spanning Tree]
• WAN technologies [including MPLS and SD-WAN]
• Virtualisation technologies [including VRF, MPLS-VPN]
• VPN technologies [including site-to-site & remote client, IPSEC]
• Network Management [including Solarwinds, Netflow]
• IPAM/DNS/DHPC [including Infoblox]
• Wireless [including Cisco and Aruba centralised controllers]
• Firewall management [including Palo Alto, Panorama, Cisco ASA, SecureTrack]
• Cisco switching and routing platforms [Catalyst 3700, 4500, 6500, ISR, ASR]
• Authentication [including AAA, Cisco ACS/ISE, PKI, 802.1x]
• Media Industry Experience
• Exposure to virtualized networks (VRF, MPLS, iBGP etc.)
• Data centre grade hardware (Cisco Nexus)
• Riverbed/WAN Optimization
• Cisco Wireless
• Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco ACS/ISE
The preferred start date is ASAP. The fixed term contract will be 12 months on a PAYE contract.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion or belief, gender, marital status, pregnancy or maternity leave status, or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London