Senior Marketing Manager
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Senior Marketing Manager
Reports directly to the Marketing Director of Sony Pictures Television, Latin America. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for providing marketing and publicity support to Sony Pictures Television's Distribution and Latin America's Original Production groups.
The position requires the ability to understand, generate and fulfill the marketing needs of our regional clients and offices (Miami, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Bogota), as well as capitalize on the resources provided by the international marketing team based in Los Angeles. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for taking a lead role in developing the strategy and positioning of SPT content, as well as provide ad-hoc support to Distribution Sales in order to achieve revenue objectives. The Senior Manager will contribute to the creation of pre and post-sale marketing initiatives of new and library TV series, feature films, original productions, focusing on B2B and B2C promotional cavities and special events.
• Work with the Marketing Director to develop innovative strategies based on insights and emerging trends to position SPT content to consumers and clients alike
• Provide ad hoc support to all Distribution Sales executives in order to identify opportunities for SPT content. This includes developing strategic product positioning and innovative content presentation in order to support pre-sales efforts for new and existing content
• Ideate, propose and facilitate the execution of multi-platform marketing strategies for content acquired by clients in order to generate added value to both SPT new releases and library product (e.g., U.S. television series, original productions, feature films)
• Provide post-sale marketing support to all clients in the region
• Work with supervisor in the creation and management of all promotional and marketing assets for SPT Original Productions for Latin America, during pre and post-production phases (e.g. creative brief, key art, promotional elements, publicity opportunities, show positioning documents, sales presentations, media training, etc.)
• Create, plan, and execute promotional strategies surrounding industry trade events such as NATPE, L.A. Screenings, and MIP Cancun
• Identify promotional opportunities to utilize existing promotional resources to support key products in its different showing windows
• Provide project-based direction and supervision to teammates and/or interns, agencies and external vendors
• Manage and forecast marketing and publicity budget across LATAM territory
• Looking for a strong team player to bring data-driven innovation to our team
• Ability to analyze business insights and data to strategically position SPT content
• A passion for content, enthusiasm for the industry and the business coupled with a ''can-do'' attitude
• Must have Marketing background – Digital, Social Media and/or Consumer Marketing focus preferred
• Must have knowledge of the entertainment industry, the creation of content, and the available streaming platforms in the region
• Strong analytical and problem resolution skills are required, as well as the ability to anticipate and direct the next steps needed in varying categories across multiple teams
• Excellent project management/time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities
• Must be a self-starter and a resourceful individual
• Must be detail oriented, highly organized with excellent follow up skills
• Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment, subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity
• Ability to manage department budget and budget forecasting
• Flawless in spoken and written English and Spanish required; Portuguese a plus
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and negotiating skills
• Advanced Power Point and Keynote presentation skills
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Advanced Adobe Photoshop
• Minimum five years of Marketing experience required (entertainment experience preferred), including 2+ years of digital marketing experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree is required (Marketing and/or Communications, Business Administration preferred)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Miami - Teleuno (SPTI) - FL01
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.