Senior Manager, Support Financials
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Support Financials
The role of the RTR Sr Manager is to manage and provide support for US and International users as it relates to Record to Report (RTR) processes, interfaces and month end close. The role requires an in-depth understanding of SAP FICO, General Ledger, Statutory Ledger, FI validations / substitutions and inbound / outbound interface methodologies. Additionally, the Sr Manager will work directly with users to gather and document requirements, write functional specifications, configure the requirements in the SAP system and write detailed user instructions and manuals. The Sr Manager will operate to deputize the team Director at such times as is required and in doing so should be knowledgeable in all functions of the team Director.
Summary of Core Responsibilities:
• Manage and monitor the SAP RTR Support team staff and deputize for the team Director as required
• Provide customer service focused Production Support for FICO General Ledger, Special Ledger, Intercompany processing, validations, substitutions and interfaces related to FICO. Production support would include answering questions, problem solving issues and developing solution options for new business requirements.
• Perform configuration in SAP across the RTR (Record to Report) suite.
• Provide expert-level support for all inbound and outbound RTR interfaces, including, but not limited to, payroll/T&E, revenue, master data, production expenses, participations and residuals feeds.
• Error Handling, problem solving and debugging interfaces
• Work closely with technical ABAP and middleware (Webmethods) resources to resolve interface issues and rollout new interface development.
• Provide support and backup for month end and year end activities.
• Daily support of the custom GL enhancements through troubleshooting and issue resolution.
• Create Test plans for unit testing, regression testing and integration testing of FICO, General Ledger, Statutory Ledger and close functionality
• Co-ordinate User Acceptance Testing with the user community and obtain approvals
• Provide end user training
• Create Work Instructions for Interfaces / Error handling procedures and functionality
• Write or modify functional specifications for changes to enhancements, interfaces or user exits.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting/Business and/or Computer Science
• 4 to 5 years of SAP FICO configuration & interface experience
• Experience with ABAP, Workflow and middleware integration with FICO is preferred by not required
• Advanced Excel skills are required
• Related industry experience is preferred but not required
• Finance / Accounting background is preferred
• SAP S4 certification is preferred but not required
• Travel maybe required to support project related work and training.
• Experience in managing SAP Support teams
• Solid experience with supporting processes across Record to Report (RTR), General Ledger and Statutory Ledgers. Solid experience with inbound and outbound RTR interfaces including payroll, revenue, production expenses, employee T&E and outbound GL feeds.
• Solid experience supporting FICO configuration across a global SAP instance.
• Experience supporting local requirements such as taxes for inbound and outbound interfaces into GL and SPL for a multinational organization with a global presence in Europe, Asia, North America and Latin America.
• Customer focused, results oriented and proactive
• Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Solid understanding of likely integration and cross over points with internal and external teams
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios