Senior Manager, Sponsorship & Marketing
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 3/22/2021 4:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Manager, Sponsorship & Marketing jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Manager, Sponsorship & Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Sponsorship & Marketing? Senior Manager, Sponsorship & Marketing, UK
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks operates entertainment TV channels around the world. These channels offer high quality film and television content from Sony Pictures and third-party distributors.
In the UK, SPT operates seven branded, popular TV channels (and seven +1 versions) across Movies, Entertainment, and Children's TV, available via the Sky, Freesat, Virgin, Freeview and digital platforms. These channels are predominantly commercialised via TV advertising and sponsorship.
SPT's UK currently has an opportunity for a Senior Manager Sponsorship and Marketing who will work alongside the Commercial Director on commercial and marketing activity:
In terms of Sponsorship, the role will work alongside the TV channel and digital teams and our sales partners Sky Media to lead and coordinate all sponsorship activity across our seven TV channels and digital services. The individual must understand a client's marketing objectives; create and pitch with our sales agent's sponsorship proposals; organise the production and coordinate their delivery and, after go live, report on their performance and success.
In terms of Marketing, the role will be responsible for leading the marketing strategy for the channels within the portfolio. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of an annual marketing budget and the management of key third party relationships/service contracts including PR and Media Planning/Buying, across traditional, media digital and social.
Additionally, the role is responsible for managing two marketing coordinators.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Manage Sky Media's sale of sponsorship across the SPT TV and digital channels.
• Generating and managing direct brand/sponsor relationships for instance working our children's TV programming partners to leverage their assets and awareness across our Pop Channels portfolio using a mix of media formats.
• Be commercially and creatively strong and lead ideas for sponsorships across TV and digital. An understanding of the children's media landscape and empathy with children's language and tone is highly beneficial.
• Create visually strong sponsorship proposals and documents for Sky Media to use to sell the proposals in.
• Attend meetings with internal stakeholders, clients and agencies to discuss creative concepts and the creative process for our own marketing or sponsorship campaigns.
• Oversee the production of marketing and sponsorship assets including working with internal edit teams to create VO scripts, and edit and graphic briefs (You will not be required to edit or produce the materials yourself).
• Manage the creative process either with our internal edit resources or via external agencies. This might include managing the production budget for all elements such as VO, graphics, edit
• Oversee the delivery of the sponsorship campaign:
• Manage sign-off of the sponsorship material with the client
• With the QC team, consider and ensure the material is compliant with relevant Ofcom rules
• Work closely with the Channel and Scheduling Teams to ensure the campaign is scheduled in
• Use ratings software to check the delivery of the campaign
• Be Sky Media's main point of contact for programming highlights across the channels to enable them to promote the channels to their best ability; additionally handle Sky Media queries on the suitability of certain TV adverts.
• Act as Sky Media's contact point for commercial related queries; work with other internal Sony teams to develop and deepen this client partner relationship; actively look to enhance the relationship and as well as ensure commercial objectives are being met.
• Work closely with our commercial partners (programming partners, listings and TV platform partners such as Sky, Freesat, Virgin, Freeview) to maximise and amplify our marketing campaigns and key promotables.
• Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies together with quarterly and annual marketing plans which will maximize the effectiveness of the marketing budget and deliver growth in audience share and reach to the channel and digital portfolio.
• Oversee and be responsible for the effective delivery and direction of third-party marketing agency services according to contract and brief.
• In conjunction with our incumbent agencies and any new agencies selected as part of a tender process, negotiate best market terms for media space/air-time and agency services.
• Plan, recommend and implement best use of the marketing budget to achieve optimum results.
• Manage two marketing executives – setting their quarterly and annual OKRs, managing their workloads and outputs, supporting their career development and ensuring they are enjoying and prospering in their roles.
• Essential: Typically 4-5 years' of experience, ideally within a broadcaster or related industry
• Essential: Experience of working on TV sponsorships and/or managing marketing campaigns including understanding of the creative process and how to deliver effective and memorable campaigns for internal and external stakeholders.
• Confident to be able to pitch ideas to internal teams, agencies and external clients.
• Understanding of the media landscape including the difference advantages, measurement techniques and costs of traditional v digital advertising and social.
• Creatively strong to input and lead the creation of sponsorship and marketing concepts across all forms of media.
• Confident numerically with TV ratings, digital metrics and general understand of the media landscape and principles to work with Research and external agencies to determine efficaciousness of campaigns.
• Strong production experience to oversee the production of sponsorship and marketing material.
• Highly developed presentation and negotiating skills.
• Experience of managing a budget and effective contract/services negotiation
• Growth/entrepreneurial mindset and ability to respond to change fast
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Highly organized
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Numerate and commercially minded
• Creative thinker
• Team player
• Ability to prioritise
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.