Senior Manager, People & Organisation, France and Italy
Sony PicturesParis, IL
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, People & Organisation, France and Italy
The People & Organisation Department provides services to approximately 1200 employees across EMEA. This includes organisational support, recruitment and selection, employee relations, training and development and employee reward. This role provides generalist HR support for France and Italy as a key Human Resources partner for Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) for their divisions in Television & Home Entertainment Distribution, TV Production, Theatrical and Corporate. This role will help execute the people strategy for all SPE operations in France and Italy based on the business and organisational needs, from end to end. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a combination of strong business acumen, and significant Human Resources functional knowledge. The incumbent needs to have both a strategic mindset and a practical ability to drive results required to execute strategies that will attract, develop and retain the breadth of talent required to drive business success.
Specifically, this will involve:
Align HR strategy to organisational strategy:
• Participate in management meetings with key local leaders to keep up-to-date with their business strategies & goals, proactively ensuring HR strategy alignment to these goals or recommending change to better align.
• Execute change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time. Plan for and manage the processes required locally to effect change, including consultation and preparation of materials for employees;
• As applicable, lead organisation design conversations to streamline and implement new departmental structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands (i.e. role re-purposing, restructures, joint venture integrations, etc.);
• Use metrics and analytics to inform P&O strategies, measure progress against organisational goals;
• Keep business leaders and employee population informed; develop messaging, determine mechanisms for communication; promote organisational culture in employee communications.
Development of next generation of leaders:
• Execute a lifecycle approach to talent planning and management focused on forecasting, partnering with talent acquisition, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession. Liaise with EMEA Recruitment Specialist:
• Ensure approval process is completed for vacant roles;
• Develop the job description in partnership with the line manager
• Partner with hiring managers and involvement in first stage (or second stage interview if required) interviews for recruitment of all roles;
• Administer employee contracts and request references for new starters
• Manage induction meetings
• Possess a solid understanding of SPE's capabilities, critical roles, and key competencies.
• Develop employees & managers through individual coaching and regular feedback.
• Provide performance management guidance to line management (counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.) to employee population;
People Operations Management:
• Act as a strategic and tactical partner to business leaders as it relates to key P&O initiatives (i.e. – salary planning, coaching, etc.);
• Facilitate roll-out and implementation of changes and updates to P&O initiatives;
• Monitor trends in employee behaviours to assess employee attitudes and develop solutions to improve the workplace environment;
• Find innovative ways for leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and efficiency;
• Keep all organisation charts for France and Italy up to date.
• Provide advice on Employee Relations issues in line with Company Policy such as sickness, maternity/paternity, flexible working, disciplinary process, etc.;
• Manage redundancy meetings as well as preparing documentation, interface with payroll, and keeping an active track of important dates/meetings during the redundancy process.
• Develop close partnerships with P&O functional teams (i.e. Comp & Ben, Learning & OD, Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion, P&O Technology) to deliver integrated solutions to P&O-related needs;
• Maintain employee files and records / correspondence, to the standard required by law;
• Liaise with Director Compensation & Benefits EMEA on matters relating to all Sony Pictures Entertainment benefits, including private medical scheme, pension, holiday entitlement, benefits and administer maternity and paternity leave letters, ASPIRE and Salary Review Process, including related letters;
• In conjunction with the Director L&OD and D&I, upskill business leaders on diversity and inclusion, development and performance management strategies to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development;
• Ensure accurate payroll information provided where needed; partnering with the payroll team to ensure accurate payroll.
• Work with relevant parties to ensure all relevant GDP compliance steps and employee communications are rolled out.
• 5+ years as a human resources generalist, ideally as an HR Business Partner leader for a multi-functional, multi-line-of-business organisation;
• Strong knowledge and experience partnering with other HR teams such as regional P&O Business Partners, Talent Acquisition/Management, Benefits, Compensation, Leadership and Organisational Development, Employee Relations, and Diversity & Inclusion functions;
• Exceptional client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with top executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically;
• Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to a company's people agenda;
• Knowledge of France and Italy employment and labour laws required.
• Experience working in a stand-alone office as the ''only'' HR representative in the office with remote reporting
• Ability to proactively identify issues and suggest solutions to suit the local context
• Fluent in French and English is required, with Italian preferable.
• Experience working for a multi-national corporation is desired
Key competencies needed to be successful in this role:
• Business insight
• Instills trust
• Situational Adaptability
• Communicates effectively
• Manages complexity
• Customer focus
• Interpersonal savvy
• Decision quality
• Values differences
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
FRA - Suresnes - HR