Senior Manager, Finance Media Networks
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Finance – Media Networks
SPE Finance and Accounting is currently defining its roadmap to transform the organization from a Line of Business and territory orientation to one which is global, enterprise-based, focusing on process improvement, standardization, reducing complexity and the use of technology. The global team's objectives are to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall team while enhancing the value and accessibility of the data created by the accounting processes which will enable the commercial teams to drive toward greater revenue growth and margin improvements. A key enabler in this new organization are regional accounting and reporting known as Global Financial Operations – GFO, that will serve as a liaison point between the lines of business and SPE's third party provider of accounting and finance services, Capgemini. The main GFO will be based in Culver City.
GFO is seeking a Senior Manager for its Media Networks finance division in Culver City office. This newly-created position will liaise with BPO and internal managements (operations and finance) to ensure timely Financial Close and Reporting for domestic networks SPT Networks Domestic Channels (subscription and ad-supported channels, e.g. Sony Movie Channel, offering premium movies), and Game Show Network (SPT's largest domestic cable channel) among others. Additionally, this position will support any project-based responsibilities as the need arises. Successful candidates should be strategic thinkers and proactive problem solvers, flexible to changes, and passionate about learning and development.
• Take ''ownership'' of the monthly close
• Supervise and review monthly management reporting includes: management book, supplementary reports, close summary, consolidated line-of business P&L and spent & committed analysis.
• Actively liaise with the FP&A team to understand and precisely explain variances between actual results and budgets/forecasts.
• Support the VP to coordinate completion of monthly financial statements and reporting, quarterly and annual internal reviews and external audits.
• Supervise BPO to manage checklists and stay on top of additions and changes (e.g. invoicing, content list, partner revenue share statements)
• Supervise and approve tax packages and requests from the tax department.
• Supervise and approve the Preparation of music society royalty accrual, statements and payments.
• Work closely with other SPT finance functional groups such as billing and collection and accounts payable.
• Supervise the completion of ad hoc projects timely and accurately.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with BPO, operations and corporate management.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or business
• 5+ years related experience in finance/accounting including 2+ years of supervisory experience required
• SAP experience required
• Intermediate on MS Excel. Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Word.
• Entertainment Industry experience preferred but not a must
• CPA preferred
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Strong follow-through on all projects; ability to bring projects to timely completion with minimal supervision.
• Ability to develop, establish and improve internal financial policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, teamwork environment.
• Excellent communication skills especially with non-Finance individuals.
• Strong organizational and PC skills.
• Passionate about new media and its market development is a plus but not required.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios