Senior Manager, Dmp - Data Operations / Technology
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, DMP - Data Operations / Technology
Sr. Manager, DMP – Performance Media Group
Sony Pictures is rethinking Digital Marketing, building a best-in-class data foundation and launching an in-house Digital Media Buying team. This team will be entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of a new internal marketing function while growing and evolving to meet the needs of Sony's business. All members are expected to come in with a start-up mentality (ambitious, hands-on, etc.) – eager to build the future digital-first workforce of Sony Pictures.
The Manager/Sr. Manager will be responsible for the management of 1st Party data, including but not limited to, Salesforce DMP (formerly Krux) and CRM data with core responsibilities focused on the following areas:
Audiences Management: The Manager will require knowledge and understanding of audience storage, transferring and activation platforms. This will include managing Sony 1st Party data from internal database to activation platform via data onboarding platform, such as Liveramp.
Audiences Activation: The Manager will require great communication and organizational skill in streamlining all audience related information to ensure a flawless audience-centric media execution. The manager will assist the PBM Director to develop and communicate data activation plan; while delivering all necessary data/material (e.g. budget) to partner agencies, internal media team and the Performance Marketing Group (PMG).
Audience Technology: The Manager will assist the PBM Director in assessing technology platforms/data partners. This will require coordinating testing schedule with internal and agency planning teams, maintaining a schedule of all legal related projects to ensure these new partners are properly vetted with the necessary security protocols, and working with the Analytics team in establishing measurement goal (success KPIs).
DMP Taxonomy: The Manager will take ownership of existing taxonomy, and will be expected to audit, refine or redefine it as needed. Taxonomy will be applied to data layers (with support of an internet support team), inform audience segmentation & tag naming conventions.
Data Collection: The Manager will orchestrate end-to-end audience capture efforts on Sony web & media assets. This will include ensuring proper tag implementation on Sony web & media assets pre-campaign, building audience segments based on engagement signals, monitoring volume of audience captured, communicating with activation & planning teams to inform campaign plans & budgets.
Audience Activation & Development: The Manager will be responsible for the design and deployment of audience segments in the DSP. The Manager will work to push target segments into addressable media platforms (e.g. DSPs, Search and Social Platforms, if applicable) for each movie's pre-release campaign. He/She will troubleshoot any technical issues to ensure smooth activation.
Financial Management: The Manager will be responsible for fee tracking and working with internal team to execute monthly billing requirements, ensuring no unnecessary overage penalties are charged to our accounts. He/she will also support contract renewals for relevant tech.
External Data Management: The Manager will proactively push for, coordinate and troubleshoot integrations between various publishers, as well as internal partners, and Sony's DMP. He/she will act as a technical liaison to ensure audiences data is passed seamlessly to Sony for retargeting and measurement purposes.
Analytics & Reporting: The Manager will be responsible for executing various pre, mid and/or post-campaign analyses, across movie release campaigns, using DMP collection & activation/performance data (e.g., frequency reporting, overlap analysis, etc.). He/She will share insights with various internal team while owning action items and optimizations to improve media efficiency and effectiveness.
Advanced DMP Analytics: The Manager will support a variety of analytic projects spanning various data sources (including DMP data, DCM log file data, etc.). He/She may work with media teams to execute controlled testing to drive actionable insights.
Miscellaneous: As Sony's internal data operations and performance media group grow and evolve, it will be critical for the DMP Manager to support the education of our internal teams (as it relates to DMP data capture & activation). The Manager will support regular knowledge-share sessions to socialize DMP strategic updates to internal and external team.
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, or related fields
• 4-6 years of experience in ad tech, audience & data management technologies
• Deep understanding of data management platforms
• Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
• Proficient in other MS Office products like Word and PowerPoint
• Knowing SQL with working experience is a plus
• Professional experience in managing and building audience and data products for media execution (Salesforce DMP preferred)
• Advanced technical understanding of data engineering required to onboard data management platforms
• Advanced experience in working with SQL-like interfaces, Tableau, and data processing/data warehousing
• Media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, formats, etc.
• Biddable media planning, strategy and optimization techniques
• Understanding of digital media and programmatic landscape (i.e. GDPR) as well as application and implementation of ad server log files (i.e. DCM log files)
• Working knowledge of addressable media platforms (e.g. DSPs, Search and Social Platforms)
• Experience with DoubleClick and other 3rd party tracking solutions and familiar with DCM log files needed
• Proactively identify future product enhancements to improve overall marketing effectiveness
• Analyze and interpret large amounts of data
• Collaborate with different teams from the organization and drive projects to successful result
• Articulating complex tech-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
• Proficient in Excel with an analytical thought process
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Develop best practices and contribute to SPE knowledge sharing effort
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Burns Bldg