Senior Manager Content Distribution Strategy & Operations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Manager Content Distribution Strategy & Operations - US Networks
The Sr. Manager role within the Sony Pictures Television (SPT) US Networks group is responsible for developing and executing distribution and sales strategies and managing all deal and ad hoc analyses to drive and maximize revenues. Primarily, this role will focus on supporting both affiliate deals and advertising sales opportunities to facilitate growth strategies, including M&A initiatives.
This role will report to the GM & SVP of SPT US Networks, and work side-by-side with the distribution, ad sales/trafficking, programming and marketing departments to facilitate the needs of the overall division and ensure the group is best positioned for optimizing and implementing the Worldwide TV Networks Group's overall strategies.
• Deal support and analysis:
• For affiliate distribution, take a leadership role for all new and renewal deals, including modeling and making recommendations related to subscriber and financial proposals and reviewing contracts for MFN deal point consideration.
• For advertising sales, coordinate with traffic team to model and make recommendations regarding potential proposals to maximize inventory and advertising rates, while being accountable for forecasting network revenue opportunities.
• For content acquisition, provide analyses on proposed license fee rates and deal terms to ensure SPT channels maximize opportunities in buying programming from both internal and external sources.
• Act as key lead in developing sales decks for senior management to drive strategy decisions including the direction of the business.
• Accountable for tracking patterns and trends in the industry, including summarizing quarterly public earnings reports and subscriber and revenue forecasts. Serve as the division expert in the television distribution business by utilizing the foregoing information to recommend strategic initiatives.
• Perform all M&A affiliated analyses and activities in conjunction with Television Business Development, including seeking out potential opportunities for the TV Networks division.
• Be the go-to person for SPT US Networks by analyzing and recommending business deals in linear television as well as maximize digital initiatives and shifts toward digital products.
• Manage department relationship with the Finance Group by ensuring all revenue and expense forecasts and assumptions are up-to-date, accurate and are being tracked appropriately.
• Accountable for crafting the story behind the numbers as the voice of the budget, ensuring accurate qualitative
• Develop internal tracking system of subscriber, revenue and expense monthly data to facilitate forecasts for senior management and the Finance Group.
• Manage department research budget and relationships with major industry research vendors, collecting and analyzing data needed for internal and external presentations.
• Coordinate data gathering and viewership performance tracking reports with research group to help expedite necessary transfer and use of data for all departments.
• Sony relationships:
• Develop key relationships with executives and colleagues both within and outside of the Networks Division to help facilitate potential opportunities and synergies.
• Build rapport within the division to assist various departments (programming, operations, marketing) with ad hoc projects to shape overall network strategy, including content acquisition, digital initiatives and B2B marketing campaigns.
• Be liaison with divisions outside of the Networks Group such as SPT Licensing, Home Entertainment, Corporate Development, Procurement, etc., maximizing and finding new growth initiatives for SPE overall.
• 3-5 years of experience in the television distribution business, with a minimum of 1 year in business development or strategy.
• MBA or MBA candidate preferred.
• Proficient in modeling utilizing excel with experience crafting financial forecasts.
• Basic understanding of financial statements and how they are developed.
• Strong presentation skills with experience in shaping a sales story/message.
• Ability to be flexible and be able to change courses easily in a dynamic environment.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Visible leadership skills and the ability to easily develop business relationships both within and outside of the department.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios