Senior Manager, Analytics - Funimation
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/13/2021 5:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Manager, Analytics - Funimation jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Analytics - Funimation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Analytics - Funimation?
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Analytics - Funimation
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise, and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming, and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We are looking for a hands-on Sr. Manager, Analytics with a passion for understanding data, tracking business trends, and storytelling to join the Center for Data and Insights team. This position will report to the VP, Business Intelligence & Analytics, and will work closely with data engineers and analysts to serve the business teams. This role will also partner with leads from Marketing, Product, Content, Commerce, and Finance departments to investigate data trends, build business insights, and recommend proactive measures to enable better business decisions every day. The right person for this role is a service-minded, empathetic problem-solver who will be energized by the opportunity to build a centralized insights service team from the ground-up.
• Work directly with business users to develop relationships, discuss trends, and manage stakeholder expectations with respect to analytics-related tasks.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to design analytics and reporting tools that will be instrumental to distribute certified dashboards and presentations.
• Connect ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations, using creative, structured, and analytical thinking with the help of effective data visualization
• Work with offshore and onsite teams and own the sprint planning/management
• Coach and mentor teammates as well as internal stakeholders to maximize the capabilities available via centralized BI and analytics tools.
• Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional customer service by effectively communicating at all levels, ensuring that work gets done, and responding effectively to unexpected obstacles
• Work with large, complex databases, OLAP engines, data warehouses, and data lakes using SQL or SQL-like interfaces
• Champion the process of building weekly insight decks for the leadership team by collaborating effectively across teams, documenting the impact of strategic initiatives on key metrics, and tracking the progress towards company goals.
• 7+ years of experience with data analysis, advanced analytics, statistics, experimentation, and optimization
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.
• Fluency in data analysis, including defining KPIs, statistical and predictive modeling concepts, descriptive statistics, and experimental design
• Experience in Web and Behavioral analytics tools like Google Analytics, MixPanel, Amplitude, etc.
• Strong SQL skills, and familiarity with building/ reviewing data science models using Python/R
• Experience with Cloud data warehouses like Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
• Experience working with large data sets (Terabytes of data/ billions of records).
• Ability to work well with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea. Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization
• Highly articulate and an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to tell stories about complex data patterns
• BS in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios