Senior Financial Analyst
Sony PicturesToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst
Sony Pictures Distribution is one of the industry's leading content providers. It distributes programming in every genre, including series, telefilms, theatrical releases and family entertainment around the world and for every platform: broadcast and cable television, first-run and off-network syndication and digital distribution.
• Reports to the Director – Financial Planning and Analysis
• Contribute to the preparation of the financial budgets, quarterly forecasts, and MRP functions with focus on full territory income statement and cash flow
• Collaborate with Sales, Sales Planning and Marketing teams to build the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and other Ad-Hoc requests
• Providing financial analysis of market driver and impacts, including foreign exchange analysis
• Monthly/Quarterly financial results analysis relative to budgets and forecasts. Review actual results and concisely explain variances against budgets and forecasts based on market and key product categories.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with Non-Finance partners to ensure their financial support needs are met.
• Co-ordinating with sales and marketing teams to provide information of sales performance and any risks/opportunities to the business
• Develop global planning models and tools
• Ability to load and pull data from both accounting and non-accounting systems in order analyze financial results and flow of information
• Liaise with accounting team to improve availability and flow of information.
• Drive continual improvement in budget and forecasting processes. Develop and refine reports that provide actionable insight into the levers of the business
• Ensure compliance to local and US GAAP, IFRS & SOX. Adhere to company policy and internal controls.
• 5-7 years Finance experience required, (Entertainment Industry / Media experience, Television and Home Entertainment preferred)
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required. CPA preferred.
• Excellent communication skills
• Exceptional financial (primarily Excel) modeling skills
• Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication
• Windows, Essbase, Excel, Word, SAP, and PowerPoint
• *Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
CAN - Toronto - Yonge Street - SPT