Senior Financial Analyst
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst in the RTR hub is responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager with maintaining the details of the lease accounting database in Excel and/or in Visual Lease as well as coordinating the monthly lease accounting journal entries with various LOBs. There are over 150 leases to oversee with a total value of approximately $250M. Solid understanding of the ASC 842/IFRS 16 guidance is critical for this role as the accounting and reporting process is drastically different from the current US GAAP accounting for leases. This is incremental work to prepare for and maintain the new US GAAP and IFRS standards.
The Senior Financial Analyst is also responsible for SPE's accounting, financial reporting and related analysis functions coupled with continuous improvement, standardization and simplification of those functions and outputs. This position will also serve as a liaison between SPE's outsource provider, Capgemini, and SPE's lines of business.
In addition, the manager is responsible for the incremental SAP S4/Hana work which will result from Cash Clearing, Open Items Management, Document Type usage/Doc Splitting by profit centers, BW reports, etc.
• Pre-Period End Activities: Review/Approve intercompany accrual entries.
• FA fiscal year change report, FA year end close report, critical accounts analysis and TB report, and journal proposal of corrections of critical accounts.
• Period End Activities: Maintain the lease accounting calculations for ~150 lease records and update calculations for renewals, terminations, additional leases, modifications, etc. Review/Approve and execute Facilities Rent allocations to various LOB's and OPC's and provide additional variance analysis. Review sub-systems revenue reconciliation (Showmanager, Rtpro, ) to SAP. Review B/S reconciliation, supporting documentation, and propose required adjustments. P&L analysis and support documentation including Salary related expenses. Close reports for period close and GL Reconciliation of open Items and balance managed accounts. Solve non-IT issues in AR and Inventory close activities. Review & Approve Bank Reconciliations and manage bank accounts. Review and approve intercompany settlements.
• Reporting & Queries for LoB financial and management reporting, review/approve proposed adjustment entry, review/sign off, and obtain LoB approval, if needed. Review/Approve P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow reports. Triage query or ad-hoc report request; review/approve responses from BPO. Review and enhance actual to Plan P&L Variances. Conduct Petty cash audit. Manage statutory and tax audits.
• Journal Entries: Generate monthly journal entries for lease accounting by each company code and liaise with various LOB's accountant to ensure proper parking and posting. Review support for/Approve judgmental journal entries. Review/Approve certain non-judgmental journal entries. Provide documented approval for system limited entries.
• Compare consolidated monthly P&L for lease accounting-related accounts and check against records in visual lease.
• Prepare annual disclosure forms and adhoc reporting as needed for Sony HQ
• 4-6 Years of Experience
• BA degree preferred
• Knowledge of GAAP and Entertainment Accounting
• SAP & BW knowledge; Strong Microsoft Excel skills; Excellent analytical and organization skills; Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability multi-task, manage and supervise
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios