Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting & Analytics
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/11/2021 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting & Analytics jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting & Analytics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting & Analytics?
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting & Analytics, FP&A Corporate and Central Functions
The Culver City corporate divisional finance department for Sony Pictures Entertainment keeps the divisional leaders (General Counsel, CPO, CCO, CIO etc.) apprised of all finance related matters for their group(s), primarily ensuring that a strong financial discipline and analysis is in place to support the division in achieving its goals and objectives. The team has responsibility for delivering management reporting for the division including budgets, forecasts, variance analysis, etc. as well as ad hoc reporting and analysis including decision support.
Departments supported are:
• CFO Corporate Groups: Information Technology, Finance, Global Real Estate and Facilities, Procurement, Information Security and Administrative Services
• P&O (HR)
• General Counsel Groups
• Corporate Development
• Corporate Communications
• Sony Innovation Studios
The successful candidate for the Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A role based in Los Angeles will be responsible for providing all forms of financial reporting and analysis in support of the VP Corporate FP&A.
• Assist with the preparation of the financial budgets, quarterly forecasts, and MRP functions with primary focus on providing financial analysis and insights
• Review actual performance relative to budgets and forecasts and prepare supporting variance analysis with a focus on commercial and operating drivers
• Assist with the preparation of timely and accurate monthly/quarterly financial results presentations that provide important insights
• Support the continual improvement in budget and forecasting processes to expand data-driven decision-making
• Assist with the development, maintenance and management of advanced reporting, analytics and dashboards that provide actionable insight into the levers of the business
• Liaise with accounting team to improve availability and flow of information.
• Deliver reporting from Apptio tool in support of financial oversight of IT initiatives and cost allocations
• Maintain reports and datasets in SAP-based planning solutions
• Deliver ad hoc analysis to support the needs of the business
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the business and proactively engage with partners to support the business
• Demonstrate strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills for executive audiences
First and foremost, we are looking for an exceptional individual with strong intellectual, critical thinking, decision making, humility, honesty and analytical and financial skills. Ideally you will have spent a portion of your career in a financial role supporting Corporate or centralized-support departments and preferred in the media and entertainment industry.
More specifically, you should meet many, if not all of the following requirements:
• Typically 2-4 years in FP&A experience, Entertainment Industry / Media experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting, Business or Economics; MBA and/or CPA preferred
• Change agent adept at successfully challenging the status quo
• Excellent communication skills especially with non-Finance individuals
• Advanced Excel skills (eg. index/match, data tables, etc.)
• Experience with Enterprise planning systems (eg. SAP, Hyperion, etc.), business intelligence tools (eg. SAP BW, Power BI, Tableau, etc.) and Technology Business Management (eg. Apptio, etc.) a plus
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication, and executive meeting presence, and can communicate effectively with senior operational and financial management
• SAP, Apptio, Windows, Essbase, Excel, Word, SAP, and PowerPoint
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios