Senior Finance Analyst
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Finance Analyst, UK TV Production
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
The Senior Finance Analyst role is to support the UK unscripted operating companies (Opcos), minority interest (MI's) production companies and other unscripted international projects working closely with management and local production teams within Opcos, Global Finance Office (GFO), Cap Gemini resource (CG) and Order To Cash (OTC) teams.
The role will be a key point of contact for all the production accountants and wider production team in managing production costs to budget as well as supporting ongoing production and business operationally.
Working with the FD to provide support to the Production Teams and Business Affairs teams in commercial decision making.
Excellent communication and organisation skills are key as this individual will need to work effectively with different production teams within the region as well as cross departmental teams.
Scope: The role covers production accounting support; planning support and companies support for all unscripted OpCos and minority interest companies.
Business & Operational Support
• Working with production accountants to regularly review costs managers in identifying any variances to budget and raise any concerns of risks of overages
• Working with Business Affairs team to ensure progress on agreements to be signed
• Working to on-board any new production accountants to ensure training and understanding of processes and production accounting system
• Support Stat & Tax hub and GFO team with the audit process for all unscripted production companies to include preparation of financial statements and be a client contact for external auditors as related to commercial matters
• Provide monthly dashboard management reporting to production MD's
• Responsible for tracking costs of digital content project and regular reporting to management
Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
• Prepare and manage regular forecasting and budgets for production companies
• Manage planning cycles submission into BPC Analysis for Office system
• Prepare production cashflow forecast on regular basis to identify and raise any cash funding requirements
• Support FD in preparation and management of planning cycles i.e. MRP, Budget, Quarterly forecasts presentations
• Prepare finance plan memo's for greenlight process on new unscripted productions
• Support FD in preparing SPTP UK cash forecast and liaising with SGTS for credit facilities
Process & Oversight
• Working with production accountants and GFO/CG teams to ensure reconciliation of finance actuals with production accounting system and production cost managers
• Oversight of holding company, SPTP UK, including managing loan facilities with all UK Opcos and Minority Interest companies
• Oversight of finance reporting from the GFO/CG teams
• Oversight of VAT returns reporting where related to production spend
• Working with OTC team to ensure billings raised in timely fashion in line with production agreements and any escalation issues dealt with promptly
Projects & Continuous Improvement
• Manage and facilitate participations reporting within unscripted entities
• Support any IT systems enhancements and implementations i.e. Access Dimensions, BPC
• Ad hoc project tasks as they may arise
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA) achieved or final stages
• Knowledge and experience within television production environment
• Effectively communicate across the Business and Finance organization with strong English oral and written skills and demonstrate a willingness to generate and share information.
• Possess a well organised and efficient approach combined with the capability to follow through work on own initiative to completion
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Possess the ability to influence at all levels and gain immediate creditability across the business
• Flexible approach as well as possessing the ability to cope well under pressure, multi-task, prioritise effectively and efficiently to ensure work is carried out accurately, in a timely manner
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and make administrative decisions based on a broad understanding of relevant policies and/or operational requirements, while also knowing when to escalate issues higher
• Establish and confidently cultivate positive working relationships internally across departments and externally
• Highly proficient and proven level of IT skills across range of financial systems
• Knowledge of SAP and Access Dimensions
• Knowledge of current UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP (desirable)
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London