Senior Finance Analyst
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Finance Analyst, Sony Pictures Television
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks UK broadcasts on all the major UK platforms. The channels offer film and television content from Sony Pictures and third party distributors across four programming genres targeting audiences across the spectrum.
Based in London, the team currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst to provide day-to-day support for the UK finance function working closely with the Finance Manager and UK operational teams.
Working under the guidance of and supporting the Finance Manager – Sony Pictures TV Networks UK, the responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
• Day-to-day commercial support to the UK Finance Manager working across the UK TV Networks Division
• Maintaining schedules for new programming content and amortisation calculation
• Responsible for gathering information for flash, budget, quarterly reforecasts, mid-range plans for; revenues, technical operations, the digital business, marketing, programming, staff costs, G&A and capital expenditure.
• Responsible for preparing Home Office budget/forecast templates including supplementary analysis for Finance Director.
• Preparing presentations for SPE executives for month-end results and budget/MRP review.
• Responsible for providing bi-monthly channel's advertising revenue and impacts analysis highlighting key drivers for senior management.
• Review monthly and year end P&L and Balance Sheet results and commentary with shared service centre
• Prepare monthly executive summary for senior stakeholders
• Liaise with accounting Shared Services Centre, ensuring SSC are kept up-to-date on business activities and looped into operational conversations where appropriate. Providing support or guidance when required.
• Resolving issues with the shared service centre including, but not limited to, the transition to Capgemini and the roll-out of new processes and structures.
• Day-to-day business support for business units with general finance enquiries and invoice approvals
• Provide adhoc management information/analysis for stakeholders.
• Responsible for gathering information and preparing annual regulatory Ofcom reporting.
• Assist Finance Manager with responsibilities and any other ad hoc requests from the Finance Director
• Responsible for gathering information requests to support RTR, Statutory and Tax hubs as required
• Support new technology roll-outs and ensuring effective implementation for the business
To be considered for this role you must have a professional qualification in finance or accountancy with typically 2 – 4 years previous experience in a similar industry.
You must also be able to demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Commercially orientated with an ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders in a business facing role
• Ability to manage, manipulate and interpret large data volumes with a willingness to dive into the detail but be able to keep abreast of and present the macro-level impact
• Inquisitive about the TV channels business and approaches all issues with a problem-solving mindset
• Form collaborative working relationships with all outsourced/international finance functions
• Attention to detail with the ability to take initiative to drive continuous process improvements
• Ability to deputize for the Finance Manager as required
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion or belief, gender, marital status, pregnancy or maternity leave status, or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London