Senior Engineering Lead
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/3/2021 5:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Engineering Lead jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Engineering Lead postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Engineering Lead? Senior Engineering Lead (DevOps) - Funimation
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 team members in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc.
Funimation is looking for a Senior Engineering Lead (DevOps) to join our growing Engineering and technology team. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into this growth space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Ideally you have very strong opinions about Cloud infrastructure, configuration management, Infrastructure as Code and production operations. You will work closely with engineering teams, product management to accelerate engineering velocity and establish operational rigor. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers to design, implement and support our infrastructure platform.
Ideally you have worked in a cloud native infrastructure platform, and have strong opinions about Platform as a product, infrastructure operations, configuration management and the deployment workflow. You have experience working with AWS technologies, specifically AWS Lambda and Fargate. You have experience with Reliability engineering and care about Observability.
You are a strong leader, excellent communicator and have experience as a technical leader in globally distributed teams.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and shape our platform infrastructure.
• Make architectural trade-offs, review code, and deliver with speed and quality.
• Build and operate a scalable, resilient engineering platform.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance related to the build, deploy, release process.
• Mentor and grow engineers.
• Set a high bar for operational maturity, security performance and reliability of the platform
• Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities
• 7+ Years of experience in infrastructure operations and/or reliability engineering .
• Experience working with git based source control systems, and modern CI/CD tools
• Experience designing, building and maintaining AWS solutions.
• Communicate and collaborate asynchronously. Can work in an agile, globally distributed environment. Love to solve problems large and small.
• Computer Science or Math background is a plus.
*Funimation Global Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.