Senior Engineer / Engineer, Audio
Sony PicturesSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
Senior Engineer/Engineer, Audio
The Senior Audio Engineer/Audio Engineer is responsible for providing audio post production support to multiple Sony Creative Center clients at Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE). The individual will produce quality sound design and audio mixes for creative marketing campaigns and on-air broadcast assets needed to support Sony Pictures Television (SPT) in Asia including Sony Movies, Sony Channel, Sony AXN and Sony Animax, as well as any additional support needed for all SPE lines of business. This position reports the Director of Creative Center, Asia and works closely with the operations and creative staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce quality sound design and audio mixes for a variety of creative assets across multiple network priorities including: show launches, image spots, branded content, interstitials, integrated promos, off-channel advertising, trailers, radio spots, network and content reels- the creative drives viewership and revenue for many of our channels. Must have the ability to be innovative and push the envelope.
• Conduct recording sessions with voice talents in-house and over the web.
• Execute creative briefs while working closely with the internal team of Writer/Producers.
• Generate monthly reports for commercial music use and library music management.
• Handle and maintain file management of Protools projects via server.
• Q.C. all mixes before delivery, maintaining technical, creative and branding standards. Creative excellence is an imperative. Audio Engineers should be detail-oriented and seek perfection in all deliveries.
• Take on other ad-hoc duties and/or projects as needed.
• Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track. Ability to pivot quickly.
• Maintain an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicate any issues to management.
• Accurately documents work related information via work orders, etc. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery.
• Maintain familiarity with current culture video trends, social platforms and the relevance of fast and slow trends. Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity.
• Exhibit willingness to take on responsibilities outside of mentioned job description.
for Senior Engineer, Audio
• Supervise and direct a team of Audio Engineers & other post-production team members. The Senior Audio Engineer should be able to excel in a team environment, working towards a collective goal of the highest level of creative and efficiency.
Work Experience Requirements
• Diploma in Film, Sound and Video or Audio Engineering, or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant audio work experience in a broadcast or commercial studio environment.
• Music editing knowledge is a must.
• Good sense of storytelling with sound.
• Strong sense rhythm in both editorial/narrative and sound/music.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure while dealing with scheduling deadlines.
• Has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Sony Pictures Movie Library preferred.
SGP - Hansapoint - SPENA