Senior Coordinator, International Media
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Coordinator, International Media (MPG)
Senior Coordinator, International Media (MPG)
The Senior Coordinator, International Media- Motion Picture Group (MPG), holds several major roles in International Media Group.
First, they will oversee the budgeting process for 10+ International Markets, directing over $10M in annual media spending. This includes ensuring that budgets in these markets align with Box Office Goals and contribution targets.
Second, they will approve media campaigns in these markets, directing our International marketing teams, finance teams and media agencies are meeting combined budget targets. This includes, directing regional media strategy and providing in-market media expertise to oversee the planning of campaigns, with the support of the senior Media team.
Third, they will work with the International VP Media Activations on the pan-regional media strategy planned and bought out of the home office on at least 6 titles per Fiscal year within their designated Marketing Pod, with combined expenditures of over $10M. This includes overseeing markets' pan-regional support and ensuring the campaigns are on strategy and within budget.
Fourth, they report to the VP of a specific Marketing Pod on at least 6 specific titles a year from an International Media Perspective, helping the Pod Lead to represent Intl Media in the new marketing organization.
Fifth, they will work with the VP International Data & Media, helping to build data marketing capability in major markets.
Finally, they will provide administrative support to the SVP International Media.
1. Territory Management
• Owning the marketing budget responsibility for 10 x international markets totaling approximately $10M in FY22, and contributing 3% of SPE Global box office contribution (estimated $90M Box office in F'22).
• Ensuring budgets align with box office goals by liaising with Distribution and Finance teams. Approving every campaign management and directing local market management on any changes required to meet contribution targets of said markets into global number.
• Campaign approval – analyzing each campaign submission by market, working with them to amend any strategic inaccuracies. Aligning market submissions with international media strategy set by Home office to ensure global strategic execution and focus.
• Provision of media expertise into local market where no FTE support exists in this discipline. Directing local Marketing teams in successful planning and execution of individual campaigns. Including markets in global media evolution into non-linear and programmatic media via conferences, platform presentations and sharing of playbooks.
• Regular contact with local market management teams to offer support and represent all of their marketing needs back to Home office – use this knowledge to leverage as much Home office support from senior management as possible to enhance opportunity of local market box office success.
2. Data-Led Marketing
• Responsible for creating trailer reports, highlighting key learnings and dissmenitating information across various Sony groups
• Work with OMD (agency) to ensure monthly benchmark trackers are updated for YouTube, Facebook/Instagram and TikTok
• Assist in compiling raw data into powerpoint presentations and dissmeniate key learnings to various Sony groups
• Work with VP of Media & Data Strategy on all data-led initiatives (e.g. exhibitor calls, Movio data project)
3. Title management
• Pod support on up to 6 specific titles in FY22, helping Pod Leader in synergizing all reporting to the wider International Media team who all work on every movie Similarly, helping to represent international media strategy and direction into all Pod planning.
• Representation of International Creative requirements from their 10 markets into Pod structure to ensure that they receive suitable content for their platform execution strategy.
• Assistance in the collection, approval and distribution of all campaign playbooks to their 10 international markets for these titles; each title will have a Media Strategy Playbook and a Pan Regional Media Playbook; role will work with experts within Media team on their construction, and will 'own' them in eyes of international markets once distributed, becoming responsible for their execution in their own 10 markets.
4. Learning & Development
• Organizing Media Platform guest speaker events to share globally via Teams
• Attending internal Learning and Development courses to extend knowledge of how to use Sony tools and opportunities to enhance knowledge
• Attending external training and learning events to improve knowledge of international media
5. Administrative Support to SVP International Media
• Manage calendar of SVP Intl Media
• Manage expenses and travel of their behalf
• Coordinate team calendars for participation in major company wide events (weekly conference calls etc)
& Years of Experience:
• BA degree preferred
• 1+ years of experience in Agency or Client-side grounding in all aspects of media planning, strategizing and buying
1+ years of experience exposure to International movie marketing a real advantage; or exposure to international media operations via client, agency or media platform experience is also considerably advantageous.
Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
• The Theatrical business, and some knowledge of the wider distribution of movie content in Home Entertainment
• Experience in travel outside of North America helpful, and in interacting/working with other cultures. Foreign language skills a real asset but not required.
• Project Oversight – Strong attention to detail, willingness to wear multiple hats, building and tracking a work plan in a fast-based environment
• Digital media/marketing landscape – Familiarity with addressable media strategies, CRM, ad-tech (i.e. Campaign Manager), audience buying platforms and methodologies, digital KPIs
• Work collaboratively and horizontally across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
• Excellent written communication, oral communication, presentation, and team building skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with strong understanding of Excel (formulas, pivot tables)
• Self-starter with high level of initiative
• Passionate, committed with a high level of energy
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency
• Must have an open communication style which takes into account managing expectations with multiple stakeholders.
• Manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Strategic critical thinker who also has a high attention to detail
• Analyze and apply media data to improve results
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent organizational skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios