Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2022 12:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Auditor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Auditor postings
Full Time Job
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Department: Risk and Control Department.
Accountable for completing areas assigned for a wide range of financial, operational, integrated SOX audits and ad-hoc projects at Risk and Control Department responsible for SPE's global operations. Working closely with Audit Manager and Director of Risk and Control Department at SPE.
• Assist the Manager in completing audit planning.
• Complete assigned areas for Audits, SOX, and projects. Work closely with the Manager to address any questions and issues timely.
• Demonstrate professional skepticism during audits and critical assessment of audit evidence.
• Complete assigned tasks by the provided deadlines. Communicate any delays to the Manager.
• Identify key controls and identify when there are control weaknesses (in the design or operating effectiveness of the control) or control gaps.
• Execute audit test plans (narrative, walkthrough, testing as applicable) for assigned areas effectively and timely.
• Assist in preparing audit reports that accurately summarize the most significant control weaknesses and resulting impacts to the organization.
• Identify issues or SOX deficiencies for the areas assigned to you. Make sure the issues and SOX deficiencies are supported and confirmed.
• Prepare thorough and well-organized workpapers
• Continuously update the Manager about the status of the audit areas you are assigned to.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in audit or relevant experience
• Understanding of internal controls approach, SOX/COSO practices and US GAAP
• Competency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Experience with data analytics (and tools)
• Foreign language proficiency a plus
• Media or Entertainment industry experience is also a plus
• BS/BA in Business, Accounting/Finance or related field
• CPA or CIA preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios