Senior Analytics and Insights Manager
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Analytics and Insights Manager – fixed term maternity cover
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
As the International content distribution market continues to evolve Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is committed to reshaping alongside the industry. The mechanism for this is the 're-imagining' program initiated to bring together and optimize the TV Distribution, Home Entertainment and Networks businesses. As part of the changes to the organization a more senior role is required to manage Commercial Analysis and Insights across SPEs Italy, Nordic and CEEMA territories.
This vacancy will be a 12 month fixed term contract to cover the maternity leave of another employee.
Based in Soho, London and moving to new offices in Paddington 2020, this role will work across Western Europe and CEEMA and will be responsible for commercial analysis and financial forecasting across multiple territories, including territories in which SPHE distributes content via third party relationships.
Reporting into the VP of Commercial for UK, Italy and Nordics, this role will work independently, with a wide remit that also covers CEEMA territories and offers growth and development potential within both the fields of commercial business partnering and analytics.
This position will also collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, from different business areas and across multiple territories, providing business insight and analytical expertise to support informed commercial decision making and owning the financial reporting and modelling, which feeds into corporate finance processes. The owner of this role will be expected to present analysis/insight and recommendations of the highest quality to VP, SVP and EVP levels
The successful candidate will:
• Own the planning, reporting and forecasting process for multiple distribution territories covering digital and physical distribution as well as a variety of different distribution models (JV, Distribution deals, Licensee deals, Sony own distribution)
• Be confident in producing and discussing strategic analysis and scenario plans to enable future course decision making and course correction
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in Commercial, Finance, Marketing and country management
• Deliver clear, precise outputs accompanied by insight which can be used across multiple levels within the business
• Be able to challenge territories in a positive way to ensure that forecasts and plans are robust and appropriate for the market and to enable Sony to maximise our business
Core Responsibilities will include:
55% - Planning, reporting and financial modelling:
• Own the financial forecasting process across Italy, Nordics and CEEMA. This includes coordinating the forecasting process across physical third-party distributors, whilst challenging their numbers to enable the delivery of robust and realistic forecasts; building digital bottom-up forecasts in collaboration with TDAMs to create accurate targets that drive maximum revenue for the business; owning the budget submissions process, including phasing titles by month, so they can be loaded easily into internal financial systems; producing regular comparisons between latest estimate and previous financial submissions as requested by central finance, whilst communicating commercial implications of financial results to key stakeholders.
• Be a key contact for the annual commercial planning process across Italy, Nordics and CEEMA generating reports, tables and charts to support territory plan communications.
• Own, develop and maintain financial tracking documents and monthly management reporting. This includes the clear communication of results in the form of a monthly scorecard to country managers, leveraging internal and external insights to align with SPHE strategic goals and measures; weekly territory trackers that display date moves, changes to box office and movements on new release titles.
• Build relationships with key personnel in LA finance; being a lead contact for requests/information/queries on Italy, Nordics and CEEMA; checking forecasts after they have been submitted to ensure they are loaded correctly in the internal systems; coordinating requests between third-parties and LA finance to enable smooth delivery of forecasts into internal systems.
• Analyse CEEMA licensing contracts on a territory by territory basis at contract renegotiation, providing forecasts, challenging licensee counter arguments and making recommendations around business materiality thresholds to drive profit.
• Provide P&L modelling to aid commercial planning and strategy. This includes monitoring and reviewing the structure of joint venture and distribution deals, with recommendations on future strategy.
• Approve and track marketing budgets throughout the year, working alongside commercial teams to drive maximum profit for the studio.
35% - Commercial analysis and market data:
• Main point of contact for TDAM'S commercial requests across Italy, Nordics and CEEMA digital home entertainment accounts. This includes reporting upon sales, financial data and market trends.
• Along with the commercial team, support joint business planning processes with digital clients, distribution partners and licensees.
• Act as a strategic business partner to key stakeholders by focusing on delivering territory strategic objectives and providing quarterly updates against objectives.
• Drive performance on new release titles, owning the 'Go to Market Strategy' calls with physical and digital teams, to best exploit titles. When appropriate, hold post-mortem reviews on titles and communicate title performance/strategy on commercial calls with physical partners.
• Maintain and report upon databases containing detailed digital sales data as provided by clients (e.g. iTunes Connect) and data aggregators. This includes acting as a key contact for Business Objects reporting and owning the running of sku exceptions reports, to enable correct reporting from databases. Constantly think of new ways to report data, utilising new company reporting tools (Tableau and Power BI) as appropriate.
• Own and create models and tools that allow commercial teams to assess GP impacts of promotional proposals and non-traditional business opportunities.
• Develop and send monthly account tracker, to better enable fast-paced customer-focused decisions. Use insights to identify areas of commonality and focus for the digital accounts.
• Provide ad hoc reporting to internal functions as required. Assesses gaps in internal reporting and knowledge and creates reports to fill the gap.
10% - Consumer insight support
• Review consumer-focused data sources to identify and circulate consumer led insights and marketing initiatives taking place within both the home entertainment market and wider FMCG and media markets.
• Incorporate relevant consumer metrics into financial, commercial and market reporting to provide a comprehensive and consumer focused view.
• Work with central research team to utilise consumer data, to deliver strategy grounded in insights.
Suitable candidates will typicall