Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2020 9:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting? Senior Analyst, Technical Accounting
The Senior Analyst position will be responsible for assisting the Technical Accounting department with support of day-to-day research and documentation of SPE accounting policies to ensure US GAAP & IFRS compliance. The Technical Accounting department has many ongoing and ad hoc requirements, in addition to large projects such as implementation of IFRS.
• Drafting Accounting Memos in support of the directional US GAAP / IFRS accounting positions for management and audit review/approval based on IFRS and US GAAP Research for pre -determined accounting topics.
• Collaborating with lines of business SMEs to understand each LOBs current accounting practices and develop future state practices that align with US GAAP/ IFRS technical accounting positions drafted in the Accounting Memos.
• Ensuring future state processes are properly defined, documented and implemented, based on US GAAP / IFRS guidelines, in a timely manner, according to the project timeline and in coordination with project team and business SMEs.
• Supporting senior team members in accounting research, modelling and contract reviews.
• Creating process, controls and other project documentation in close coordination with various stakeholders.
• Educating Finance personnel as necessary to comply with corporate policies and US GAAP / IFRS and performing research on technical accounting questions accordingly.
• Creating required internal documentation of evaluated transactions/accounting issues noting compliance and/or resolution.
• Ability to take ownership of multiple work stream, work independently and meet the associated deadlines.
• Supporting US GAAP / IFRS activities in coordination with, SPE personnel, and external auditors.
• Other responsibilities include: contract reviews, resolving technical accounting issues/questions, coordinating with stakeholders, drafting white papers and updating SPE's accounting policies, such as for newly issued GAAP.
• 3 years in an accounting role, public or technical accounting
• BS/BA – Finance/Accounting, or Business-related degree
• CPA (or equivalent) is preferred but not required
• Accounting guidance research and documentation (i.e., US GAAP, IFRS)
• Preparation of process and controls documentation
• Good stakeholder management
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong MS Suite and analytical skills
• Self-motivated team player
• - Preferred:
• Entertainment Industry exposure
• Experience with IFRS
• Exposure to Agile/Scrum
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.