Senior Analyst, Strategic Sourcing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst, Strategic Sourcing
The Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst will support the Senior Vice President, and various Category Managers by gathering and analyzing data to identify opportunities for cost savings, support strategic sourcing opportunities, and drive greater cost savings and process improvements across Sony Pictures Entertainment's (SPE's) business units.
The Senior Analyst will also work with the Senior Vice President and Category Managers in the strategic sourcing and contracting of various services of indirect spend including professional services, legal services, consulting, facility services, human resources, and financial services among others. The ideal candidate has sourcing experience in indirect spend categories and is an independent self-starter with strong analytical and communication skills who is excited to define and expand his/her role and expertise.
• Define & Analyze Data
• Understand and manipulate spend from SPE's various third-party spend and cost management systems.
• Gather market research/data and conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to develop sourcing strategies and provide recommendations.
• Recommend opportunities for data improvement and cleansing
• Analyze Spend
• Analyze spend to identify opportunities for cost savings.
• Review internal processes and policies and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Profile suppliers and segment spend.
• Perform total cost/supply analysis to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value.
• Analyze industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing.
• Understand and assist in the development and execution of supplier and performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost.
• Provide Recommendations
• Prepare clear, fact-based, executive-level presentations with sourcing strategy recommendations
• Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
• Support Strategic Sourcing Initiative
• Participate on cross-functional sourcing projects
• Analyze spend and opportunities for specific sourcing events and work with category managers to develop and execute a sourcing plan.
• Assist, as needed, with commodity and supplier negotiations.
• Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria
• Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
• Develop and provide management reports as required.
• Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices.
• Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
• Support SPE's supplier diversity program
• 2 years analytical experience preferably in one of the following fields: strategic sourcing, management consulting, finance, or supply chain.
• Bachelor's degree required in Business or other quantitative discipline
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including: Excel (including advance Excel functions), Microsoft Access, and PowerPoint
• Ability to interact with and establish relationships with employees at all levels
• Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent presentation skills
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work with senior management.
• Internal customer focus – ability to identify/solicit key stakeholder needs and develop solutions to address their needs
• Ability/desire to work in a diverse environment
• MBA preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios