Senior Analyst, Demand Planning
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst, Demand Planning
The Demand Planning Analyst is responsible for forecasting activities associated with DVD, Blu-ray and UHD/4K movies. The analyst reviews and evaluates SKU level forecasts at both the national and customer levels. This is done by incorporating business intelligence, reviewing historical performance and evaluating future trends. The job duties associated with this role include:
• Evaluate Account/SKU level POS and shipment forecasts for all phases of a product's life cycle (New Release, Replenishment, Promotions and Resets).
• Collaborate with Sales, Sales Planning, Marketing, Inventory Planning and Retail Operations to assist with gathering account level requirements in order to improve forecast accuracy and product availability.
• Develop, manage and publish reports, trackers and post mortems to provide key insights and recommendations. Present findings to internal teams and senior management.
• Monitor daily and weekly realignment to ensure forecast accuracy.
• Collaborate with Inventory Planning to ensure timely procurement of product and high sales order fill rates.
• Participate in account specific meetings, both internal and external.
• Assist with the development of processes, system enhancements, and reports (e.g., Key Performance Indicators (KPI), statistical and trends reports) to facilitate execution of responsibilities.
• Participate in forecast consensus review meetings and accuracy review sessions.
• Performs special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested by management or internal teams.
40%-Forecast Accuracy and Continuous Improvement: Utilizes key performance indicators to identify strengths and opportunities within the forecasting process.
20%-Process Improvement: leads innovation & process improvement opportunities both within team and across functional areas.
20%-Reporting: Produce and distribute the specific reports summarizing trends for internal team members and senior management.
10%-KPI Management: Be the lead as it pertains the data gathering, performance analysis and reporting for 1 or more KPIs for the department.
10%-Issue Resolution: Provides timely resolution of issues and navigation of escalation protocol (includes solution proposal).
Microsoft Office, Demand Planning system experience, strong mathematical and analytical abilities.
BA or BS
Preferred Years of Experience:
• 3-5 years-Experience in a production, forecasting or planning role with a particular emphasis on quantitative analysis, regression analysis, replenishment and modeling.
• 3-5 years-KPI management and reporting.
• 3-5 years-General understanding of manufacturing and supply chain operations.
• 3-5 years-Work in the CPG industry.
, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
• Well-developed analytical, planning and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
• Advanced Excel skills.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building