Sony PicturesRome, LA
This was removed by the employer on 10/19/2020 3:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Accountant jobs in Rome-LA
Search all Senior Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Accountant? Senior Accountant (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
*Please note this is a part time role (3 days a week)*
The Senior Accountant will report to the Finance Director and support the territory Finance Department in Rome & the Distribution business in Milan.
The role will perform assigned General Accounting and Control responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner with primary emphasis on compliance with all internal/external policies, liaise with Shared Service Center on preparation of the financials, and assist with providing relevant and timely information to the satellite management team and Sony Pictures Head Office.
General Accounting Transaction Support
• Daily accounting support to Shared Service Center;
• Supervision of Account Payables held at Shared Service Center;
• Coding non-Purchase Order invoices and dispatch of all invoices received;
• Monthly Budget/Forecast review for overheads accruals;
• Provide subject matter expertise on accounting projects and specialized tasks where technical accounting knowledge is required.
Financial controlling support
• Support monthly closings;
• Validate compliance with locally established vendor/customer contracts;
• Oversee the local document management process to ensure compliance with all legal and company requirements.
Management Reporting, and Financial Budget & Forecast support
• Support in preparation of the monthly financial pack to be submitted to Sony Pictures Head Office;
• Manage monthly preparation and first review of all balance sheet accounts reconciliations;
• Assist the FD as required with preparation and submission of budgets and forecasts;
• Budget/Forecast supporting activities in general: specific templates update.
Financial & Tax Accounting, and Statutory requirements
• VAT check supporting activities;
• Calculate draft calculations of complex accruals and adjustments for FD review;
• Review VAT calculations and annual returns as performed by 3rd party Tax consultant;
• Ensure journal entry and Balance sheet reconciliation documentation is adequate as defined by company guidelines and local regulatory requirements;
• Prepare and print all legal books required by law;
• Prepare the SAP draft and provides all reconciliation of the statutory financial statements.
Shared Service Center Liaison & Audit Support
• Liaise with the Shared Service Center relative to day-to-day processing and financial results;
• Perform the analysis, reconciliation and review of deliverables provided by the Shared Service Center;
• Assist with statutory, tax audit queries.
• Laurea Graduated in Economia e Commercio and/or Diploma Ragioneria, with 3 to 5 years' experience.
• You have experience of working in an international organization, entertainment industry knowledge is a real plus.
• You have very good knowledge of all applicable accounting principles (to include local GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and US GAAP) and statutory standards, including how to apply them, and when applicable.
• You are strongly skilled in analysis of underlying financial and non-financial data to provide an insight into the performance and enable the appropriate decisions to be made.
• You are fluent in Italian and English (verbal and written).
• You are a self-starter, a team player, and you have excellent organizational and communication skills.
• You have an analytical mindset with particular attention to detail.
• You master MS Office and SAP tools.
ITA - Rome - TV Dist This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.