Senior 3D Artist
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior 3D Artist
Sony Innovation Studios (SIS) is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment and has been leading Sony's virtual production technology since it was launched in 2018. The state-of-the-art facility is housed in a sound stage at the center of the Sony Pictures Studios lot in Culver City, USA.
The Sony Innovation Studios virtual production technology is based around Atom View, a revolutionary point-cloud rendering and editing solution. Atom View enables content creators to visualize, edit, color correct and combine multiple volumetric data captures to produce a seamless, photorealistic environment for use in virtual production, video games, and other interactive experiences.
Within Sony Innovation Studios the Senior 3D Artist is responsible for delivering high-quality 3D content using a wide variety of skills and software (modeling, texturing, lighting, animation etc.) to produce realistic environments for use on our virtual production stage.
The role will require a diverse skill-set in 3D asset creation, a strong sense of design, an eye for artistic quality, the ability to adhere to specific art directions and strong creative ideation skills.
• Creation and delivery of high-quality 3D assets using a wide variety of skills and software
• Collaborate with a tightly-integrated team to achieve high quality results within short delivery timeframes
• Working in collaboration with the team to ensure results are delivered within the allocated timeframe
• BA degree in visual effects, 3D, video game development or equivalent working experience
• 4+ years visual effects OR games industry experience
• Expert knowledge in multiple content-creation applications like Maya, Modo, Substance Painter, Mari or others
• Experience creating high quality visuals for real-time, gaming, AR/VR or offline visual effects for film, television, commercials etc.
• Broad knowledge of 3D asset creation (modeling, texturing, materials, animation etc.)
• Understanding of real-time rendering in engines like Unreal or offline rendering in software like V-Ray or Arnold
• Ability to learn and work with new 3D asset creation software and related workflows
• Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams using task-management software (JIRA, Shotgun, etc.)
• Strong technical skills and problem-solving ability while working with artists and software developers
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
• Experience working on published AAA game or feature-film visual effects
• Experience building realistic 3D environments in visual effects (film, advertising) or real-time (gaming, AR/VR)
• Work experience and familiarity with Unreal Engine
• Work experience and familiarity with Autodesk Maya
• Experience working with LiDAR scan data
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all U.S. non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios