Security Operations Trainee Summer
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Security Operations Trainee – Summer 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This type of opportunity will jump start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This Summer/Fall Trainee position is from May/June through December 15th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
The Security, Safety and Sustainability (S3) Department is responsible for protecting SPE's people and assets around the world. Areas of focus include: Security Operations, Safety and Environmental Compliance, Sustainability, Medical Services, Fire Prevention, Crisis Management and Business Continuity, Parking Services, Production Security and Safety, Global Threat Management, Piracy Prevention, and Security Technology.
• The focus of this trainee role is to support the department's integration and change management efforts. The project will include organization of cross-department document repositories, disposition of out-of-date documents, new document and data management tools/systems, etc. The trainee will work with internal stakeholders to identify and catalog all legacy documentation and migrate to a modern, shared repository that best meets the department's collaboration, maintenance and compliance requirements.
• Secondary projects will include development of risk assessment tools and intake forms, support of the ''risk register'' project and dashboard development.
• The trainee will learn about the role of corporate security, safety and sustainability functions in modern business and will be exposed to the particular risks and challenges facing businesses in the entertainment industry. In this role, the trainee will continue to develop critical/strategic thinking and problem solving skills. In addition, the intern will gain project management skills, analyze and understand business processes, and develop solutions that meet diverse business requirements while working in a dynamic team environment.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite required especially Excel.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) required.
• Attention to detail and ability to work within prescribed deadlines a plus.
• Ability to create business solutions and interpret business needs is essential.
• Proficiency with web collaboration and project management tools.
• Familiarity with risk assessment discipline, particularly in Safety and Security fields.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $20/hour. This role may also qualify for comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios