Safety, Security and Compliance Communications Trainee, Spring
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2022 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Safety, Security and Compliance Communications Trainee, Spring jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Safety, Security and Compliance Communications Trainee, Spring postings
Full Time Job
Safety, Security and Compliance Communications Trainee – Spring 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Spring Trainee position is from January through May 26th, and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
SPE Production Safety is part of the SPE Security, Safety, and Sustainability, or S3 Department.
This global team of safety professionals provides guidance, consultation, and internal/external resources on safety and health to Sony Picture's Motion Picture and Television producing partners. This position will support S3's compliance objectives by ensuring the overarching SPE Safety Management Program is implemented and operationalized effectively at all levels of the production process.
Safety Program management includes creation, distribution, education, implementation, and ongoing program compliance across all areas of non-physical production. Other responsibilities may include:
• Education and training on health and safety policies/best practices
• Development of general or operational-specific safety programs and compliance tools
• Provide guidance and support on occupational safety and health matters, specifically related to non-production activities (i.e., construction, electrical safety, fall protection, life safety etc.)
• Support SPE's overarching production support team, which includes Production Safety, Sustainability and Security
• The minimum qualification is a bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
• The preferred candidate will have some work experience in the field of Occupational Safety and Health or EH&S
• Working knowledge of CCR Title 8, 29 CFR, and other Federal and State regulations relating to Occupational Safety and Health
• Strong knowledge of safety and health best practices
• Knowledge of physical motion picture/television production is a benefit, though not required for employment in this position
• The ability to work remotely and alone with minimal direct supervision
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills, including public speaking, are required
• Strong computer skills are preferred
• The ability to work at all hours, including weekends, may be required
• The ability to travel, initially within the Los Angeles region with potential opportunity for additional travel within the US
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios