Sony PicturesMexico City, Mexico, MX
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The Research Manager MX, part of the LATAM & U.S. Hispanic Research team, supports ad-hoc and ongoing research projects across Sony Pictures Television (SPT) two lines of business: two lines of business: Distribution and Production, with an emphasis on the latter. With an audience-obsessed attitude, the manager will be focused on connecting the dots between platforms, content and audiences trends, production and sales, through the generation of timely and relevant insights reports, helping drive a consumer-centric culture and ensuring insights are an integral source of decision making within the organization. Some responsibilities include: in-depth content trends analysis on formats and Original Productions (linear and non-linear), and a broad range of market intelligence on the television industry in the region, including OTT and social media, utilizing primary and secondary resources that will include internet, multiple research data software, syndicated data, industry reports, vendors, etc.
• Create insightful reports, from start to end, on content trends across U.S. Series, Formats and local language Original Productions, and on market specific intelligence across platforms (linear and non-linear).
• Understand, gather and disseminate intelligence on local television business and programming trends across mutiple platforms: Free TV, Pay TV, TVE, Social Media and OTT.
• Provide ad-hoc ratings trends analysis to support distribution and production.
• Exploration and Detection of relevant and leading edge internal opportunistic projects
• Explore new ways to automate reporting
• Innovate in ways to share and propagate audience insights across the organization
• Training across the organization
• Design and write sales presentations and TV ratings trends analysis reports on key products.
• Develop and maintain a direct working relationship and close colaboration with the local production, sales, sales planning and marketing teams, and with the existing research teams within the regional offices.
• Manage from start to end third party projects: scout the right vendors, writing RFPs, proprosal analysis and internal dissemination, questionnaire development and presentations inclduing actionable insights.
• Close monitoring to Kantar IBOPE panel structure and changes.
• Participate in relevant conferences, workshops and research industry groups in order to build and maintain strong industry contacts, develop vendor relationships and stay abreast of latest tools and methodologies
• 6+ years' experience with relevant work experience supplier or client-side. Experience in television or OTT research strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in related field (business, psychology, marketing, research, social sciences, etc.) is required.
• Strong Excel, data visualization and PowerPoint skills are required. Tableau and Prezi experience is a plus.
• Must be numerate with the ability to analyze audience research data and comfortable working with large data sets and quick turnaround.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to write clear, meaningful, and concise trends analyses.
• Experience with at least 1 software is required: EMSTV, TechEdge, ITVR, MWS or Instar, and/or Infosys.
• Experience with TGI, Ampere and GWI is preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish and English is required (written and spoken). Portuguese is a plus.
• Strong interest and knowledge of international business, entertainment and cultures, and consumer behavior.
• Must be proactive, motivated, highly organized and a self-starter.
• Team player with ability to work independently and with multiple projects.
• Experience with primary research including surveys, building questionnaires, focus groups and mining meaningful and actionable insights and recommendations.
• Strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
• Ability to make clear and convincing presentations to stakeholders and executives, and express written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way.
• Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
• 2 years Management Experience is preferred.
• Confident, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
• Analytical thinker who enjoys problem-solving.
• Strong business acumen.
• Intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation.
• Organizational savvy, with the ability to ''read a room.''
• Compelling storyteller.
• Willing to challenge traditional thinking.
• Superior social, collaboration, and communication skills.
• Strong builder of relationships and trust.
• Passionate consumer of content – movies, TV, SVOD.
• Familiarity with the brands and franchises of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
• Comfortable with large sets of data, but equally happy to moderate a focus group of five consumers
• Not afraid to speak up and support his/her research findings
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
MEX - Mexico City