Research Manager, Latin America & Canada
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2020 1:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Research Manager, Latin America & Canada jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Research Manager, Latin America & Canada postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Research Manager, Latin America & Canada? Research Manager, Latin America & Canada
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The Research Manager, part of the LatCan Research team, supports ad-hoc and ongoing research projects across Sony Pictures Television (SPT) two lines of business: Distribution and Production. With an audience-obsessed attitude, the manager will be focused on connecting the dots between content trends, sales, sales planning, and marketing, through the permanent generation of timely and relevant audience insights reports, helping drive a consumer-centric culture and ensuring insights are an integral source of decision making within the organization. Some responsibilities include: in-depth content trends analysis on U.S. series, formats and Original Productions (linear and non-linear), manage internal panels, support Canada distribution, as well as a broad range of market intelligence on the television industry in the region, including OTT and social media, utilizing secondary resources that will include internet, multiple research data software, industry reports, etc.
• Create and maintain regular reports, from start to end, on content trends among U.S. Series, Formats and local language Original Productions, and on market specific intelligence across platforms (linear and non-linear).
• Responsible for the performance trackers for SPT's content in Canada and in LATAM.
• Understand, gather and disseminate intelligence on local, regional and global television business, content and programming trends across mutiple platforms: Free TV, Cable, Pay TV, TVE, Social Media and OTT.
• Provide ad-hoc ratings analysis to support distribution and production.
• Design and write sales presentations and TV ratings analysis reports on key products.
• Develop and maintain a direct working relationship and close colaboration with the production team, distribution team, ad sales research, and with the existing research teams within the regional offices.
• Manage and close monitoring of SPT's internal online community: panelists profiling, recrutment and engagement, interface structure and looks, questionnaire development and programming.
• Exploration and detection of relevant and leading edge internal opportunistic projects.
• Manage the LatCan research tool kit initiatives.
• Participate in relevant conferences, workshops and research industry groups in order to build and maintain strong industry contacts, develop vendor relationships and stay abreast of latest tools and methodologies.
• Explore new ways to automate reporting.
• Innovate in ways to share and propagate audience insights across the organization.
• Training across the organization.
• 5+ years experience with relevant work experience supplier or client-side. Experience in television or SVOD research strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in related field (business, psychology, marketing, research, social sciences, etc.) is required.
• Strong Excel, data visualization and PowerPoint skills are required. Tableau and Prezi experience is a plus.
• Must be numerate, have the ability to analyze audience research data and comfortable working with large data sets.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to write clear, meaningful and concise ratings analyses.
• Experience with at least 2 softwares is required: EMSTV, TechEdge, ITVR, MWS, Instar and/or Infosys. TGI, Ampere and GWI is preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish and English is required (written and spoken). Portuguese is a plus.
• Strong interest and knowledge of international business, entertainment and cultures, and consumer behavior.
• Must be proactive, motivated, highly-organized and a self-starter.
• Team player with ability to work independently and with multiple projects.
• Experience with primary research including building questionnaires and mining meaningful insights and recommendations.
• Strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
• Ability to make clear and convincing presentations to stakeholders and executives, and express written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way.
• Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
• 2+ years Managing others, i.e. Interns or Full-time staff.
• Confident, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
• Analytical thinker who enjoys problem-solving.
• Strong business acumen.
• Intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation.
• Good interpersonal skills, intuition and perception.
• Compelling storyteller.
• Willing to challenge traditional thinking.
• Superior social, collaboration, and communication skills.
• Strong builder of relationships and trust.
• Passionate consumer of content – movies, TV, SVOD.
• Familiarity with the brands and franchises of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
• Comfortable with large sets of data.
• Not afraid to speak up and support his/her research findings.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.