Publishing Coordinator- Music Affairs
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Publishing Coordinator- Music Affairs
We are seeking a Music Publishing Coordinator to coordinate and process Music Cue Sheets for original music composed, owned and/or controlled by Sony Pictures domestically, and to assist with our Latin American and International Programs and Format shows distributed worldwide. The Coordinator will also be responsible for input of our music rights information into Sony Pictures' rights management database, preparing Assignments of Copyright and servicing Cue Sheets to Performing Rights Organizations.
• Review drafts of composer agreements and other music documents prepared by attorneys for various Film/TV Productions. When the fully executed copy is received, review and digest pertinent information, i.e. rights acquired, any restrictions, exclusivities and/or special instructions.
• Prepare Assignments of Copyright (transfer of rights) by analyzing various agreements for relevant information. Originals will be sent to the Library of Congress to complete our chain of title registration.
• Screen television movie productions with the sole purpose of creating a music cue sheet. This involves timing the music used in the production as well as confirming the usage, title, writers, publishers and song splits. Working directly with Music Editors to train on RapidCue and be available for questions. Creation of the music cue sheet and ensuring accuracy of all information is essential to receiving performance royalties from the performing rights societies worldwide.
• Point of contact on relevant Productions for all inquiries regarding research, disputes, counterclaims, as well as questions from outside parties. Based on music publishing experience and knowledge, use good judgment to know when to escalate legal issues to attorneys, and be able to adjust priorities independently and proceed accordingly.
• Draft and service memos to Sony Pictures' music administrator defining rights obtained and pertinent Agreement details. Service the Cue Sheet along with any original song details, any charts including track listing, mechanical splits and the soundtrack agreements necessary for issuing of mechanical licenses.
• Song data input into Sony Pictures' music rights database for all cues from the Music Cue Sheets, Main and End Title information and all original songs and songs released on Soundtracks. This information is used to determine SPE's music rights in order to exploit our music catalogues and for general Film/TV licensing information.
• Participate in and prepare for post-mortem meetings with all parties involved in music business affairs regarding the completion of specific Productions. These meetings include individuals from the music affairs staff including attorneys, finance, creative, licensing, added value, and trailer personnel. Prepare a report for the meeting which includes a detailed final review of a production (film or TV) to assure that all details are properly aligned.
• Assist the senior members of the team with follow-up emails and requests for cue sheet details to aid in processing of International programs and formats
• General understanding of Copyright Administration, Motion Picture/Television Production, Film & TV studios and cue sheets.
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A self-starter, but has the skill set to work with a team
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
• Experienced in MS Office and Excel
• Bachelor's Degree
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01