Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE's Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
This position will supervise the process and implementation of activities related to the generation and distribution of the programming schedule. In addition, this role will support the Director with content performance insights that will help build long term strategy. At the same time give support to coordinate the various processes by which materials must pass before air date: Traffic, TQC, editing, subtitling, dubbing. This role reports to the Director, Program Planning & Scheduling.
• Support Director building long-term audience/performance strategies
• Watch and evaluate content prospects and provide feedback to deal-making teams
• Supervise the installation and distribution of the programming schedule
• Coordinate with TechOps the creation of materials for programs that are not yet scheduled but are being deliver by distributors
• Gather and distribute any information requested by other departments such as synopsis, pictures, cast information and copyright
• Assist in creating the programming contracts in Vision
• Prepare and maintain various reports for the department and distributors
• Confer with Media Planning department to discuss content of programs scheduled to air; give support in determining which programs to promote
• Distributing programming schedules (grids/listings) to internal and external constituents on a timely basis.
• Communicating programming changes that are made to all internal and external departments
• Insertion of the programming schedule in Vision when coordinators are not available
• Attend and give support during kick off meetings for all channels
• Strategic thinker with ability to originate conclusions and make recommendations from raw data
• Passion for television, films & the entertainment industry
• Bilingual in Spanish and English, Portuguese is a plus
• Team oriented, ability to work in group
• Good communication and organization skills are a must in order to coordinate with the other departments
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and organization
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work effectively with uncertainty/changing environments
• Ability to communicate and maintain key relationships with internal and external clients
• 3-5 years television industry experience required in Programming or related experience in research, operations, or media planning/promo scheduling
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Miami - Teleuno (SPTI) - FL01