Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Television Networks operates branded entertainment channels worldwide reaching nearly two billion households. Based in Miami, the Programming Analyst will concentrate their efforts in the Latin American division, where we offer both strong linear and digital networks filled with high quality film and television content from our very own Sony Pictures and third parties, as well as original content commissioned locally within major key markets.
The Programming Analyst should be a highly motivated individual who loves solving the puzzles that are presented in today's television industry. Data miners who can extract and tell stories based off raw numbers given by measurement systems in order to give our channels an edge in creating advanced strategies for a better consumer experience. The Programming Analyst will report to the Executive Director, Program Planning & Scheduling based in Miami.
The Programming Analyst will be responsible for balancing day to day requests and maintaining regular performance reports for SPT Networks and its competitor networks/platforms to expedite informed decision-making for the Program Planning & Scheduling and Media Planning & Scheduling functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep interest in entertainment, television, and the media business.
• Collect, analyze, and interpret audience data for content airing on AXN and SONY CHANNEL and their key competitors in Latin America to inform immediate scheduling strategy as well as mid-term and long-term strategy development. Other examples may include:
-Inventory Analysis for long range scheduling efficiency
-Content Research per region for targeted programming acquisitions
-Analytical Support for Media Planning, including Promotions Ratings extract and Media Planning campaign analysis via Grip-It tool
-Digital analysis from company-owned platforms to help strategize programming VOD more effectively
• Liaise with all regional offices awhile tracking industry trends and competitive landscape developments.
• Support other centralized functions (Creative Center, Tech Ops/Traffic, Networks Marketing) with business analysis efforts as needed.
• +2 years of Channels (i.e. Programming, Research, Acquisitions) and/or Distribution experience is required.
• The candidate will be curious, have a passion for the entertainment industry, and an ability to learn and work with others.
• Bachelor's degree or higher is required.
• Proficiency in Excel (for data analysis and organization) and PowerPoint is required.
• IBOPE Instar and Tech Edge, or other data and measurement systems knowledge is preferred.
• Knowledge with tools used for analytics (Python, Tableau, R, etc.) is preferred.
• Strong communications skills (written and verbal) in English (required); Spanish/Portuguese (optional).
• Strong presentation skills to interface with senior management while communicating findings and insights.
• Highly-organized and very detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, set priorities, handle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.