Programmatic Manager, Performance Media Group
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Programmatic Manager, Performance Media Group
Sony Pictures is rethinking Digital Marketing, building a best-in-class data foundation and launching an In-House Digital Media Buying team. This team will be entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of a new internal marketing function and growing and evolving to meet the needs of Sony's business. All members are expected to come in with a start-up mentality (ambitious, hands-on, etc) – eager to build the future digital-first workforce of Sony Pictures.
The Channel Manager – Programmatic will be responsible for planning, executing, and optimizing programmatic campaigns, including trafficking creatives, tags, managing budget and pacing, and setting up campaign.
Tactically, the Channel Manager will accomplish these goals by 1) planning the execution of the programmatic campaign while aligning testing initiatives with the campaign goals and 2) ensuring campaign management best-practices are properly set up and managed across all programmatic campaigns
For success in this role, it is imperative the Channel Manager be ambitious, self-starting, disciplined and curious in programmatic campaign management. He/She will manage all programmatic campaigns from end-to-end, with the capability in proactively communicating needs and results with the internal & external teams. The Manager will also need to provide guidance for junior team members
Campaign Setup and QA: The Manager will be responsible to build and QA SPE programmatic campaigns while following all best-practices across all releases. The Manager will lead the QA process and ensure all campaigns executed flawlessly. On the data front, the Manager will need to work holistically with both internal and external team to facilitate all 1st party data piped into platform before launch. He / She will also work directly with the team and all agency partners (ad ops and billing), acting as the primary point to manage the delivery of creative assets, campaign artifacts, and all relevant campaign/billing documentation in preparation for campaign launch and post-campaign wrap up.
Campaign Management and Optimizations: The Manager will be responsible and lead the optimization process on all SPE programmatic campaigns on a daily basis. He / She will own trades in different platforms and be able to address any potential issues. In addition, he / she will lead the audience data analysis and optimizing each segment cross platforms. The Manager will also lead the PMP negotiation process & QA the deals while troubleshooting any potential issues.
Analytics and Reporting: Reporting is essential in programmatic. The Manager will be the lead in utilizing the daily tracker to monitor any pacing / performance changes on a daily level. He / she will develop the weekly / campaign-end performance report for the Sony Media team, which will provide analysis, insights, and visualization. The Manager will also collaborate with the data analytics team to ensure all testing initiatives will be tracked appropriately so valuable insights can be gathered by end of test/campaign
The Manager will be responsible to work with the external finance team to accomplish monthly billing requirements
Miscellaneous: On job training is important for the team as programmatic is an evolving business. The Manager will participate in regular knowledge share sessions to share and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance with internal and external team. In addition, the Manager will be responsible to regularly assesses current processes and provides solutions to improve efficiency through process optimization
3-5 years of experience
• Digital media/marketing landscape – with a focus on addressable media
• Professional experience managing end-to-end programmatic media planning, buying, testing, creative development and ongoing optimizations with DSP platforms.
• Familiar with digital media metrics and measurement tools
• Working knowledge in technologies such as The Trade Desk, DoubleClick Bid Manager, Brightroll/Yahoo Ad Manager+, AOP, AAP, or GDN
• Social Buying experience (Facebook, Twitter, etc) is a plus
• Experience with DoubleClick, Innovid, and other 3rd party tracking solutions needed
• Professional experience in analytics preferred
• Highly analytical and great problem-solving skills
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
• Proficient in other MS Office products like Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Proactive in producing solutions while foreseeing issues
• Analyze and interpret large amounts of data
• Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios