Product Manager Funimation
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Product Manager (Web) Funimation
Funimation is looking for a Product Manager (Web) to join our Consumer technology team. This position plays a key role in the management of the product development lifecycle, helping to define product requirements and ensuring the release of high quality digital experiences that meet the needs of the business.
Critical to growth is Funimation's ability to drive smart product decisions based on analytics, market awareness, and competitive analysis. You will guide product decisions, on short and long-term feature and content strategy, and will bring strategic focus and business acumen to the team. You must be passionate about, and represent the voice and needs of, our fans as well as our internal teams and stakeholders. You will capture and analyze business requirements, with an eye towards media & entertainment industry trends, and translate that knowledge into solutions that deliver meaningful experiences to our fans.
The Product Manager is a person who is deeply connected to the world of digital video entertainment; a person who understands consumer behavior (data driven) and evolving trends with respect to video consumption on web and mobile platforms. The Product Manager will be responsible for creating applications that lead the consumer through a funnel of activity that runs from on-boarding/subscription signup, to video selection and viewing, and through deeper engagement with the service. This position's primary responsibility is to oversee product initiatives specifically around web as well as to scope out the technical feasibility of the initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of mobile application development, application programming languages, latest features and capabilities of mobile OS platforms, and project management best practices so as to be able to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
The Product Manager will be an individual contributor and will report into the Product Engineering Team and will work alongside a team of product managers each tasked with owning a particular platform or user experience.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
• Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company vision.
• Conduct data-driven competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap.
• Keep on top of industry trends and technologies and be prepared to apply them quickly.
• Be an advocate for simplicity, style, usability and represent the voice of the customer in every product discussion.
• Work with cross-functional teams to identify business problems, and construct high-level product epics, features and user stories features.
• Conduct regular ideation and specification sessions to ensure alignment of stakeholders across departments, business lines, and partner organizations.
• Integrate usability studies, user research, A/B testing, analytics and market analysis into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs.
• Author detailed product briefs explaining the why and the what for a given initiative.
• Deliver crisp product requirements - that are easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
• Write stories and acceptance criteria, that bring your product strategy to life, collaborating with: Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and UX/UI.
• Act as the main point of contact for product questions, issues, and feedback.
• Groom platform product backlog as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
• Work with release team to ensure final products are built to the product specification and UI/UX specifications.
• Provide assistance for customer escalations to quickly resolve customer satisfaction issues.
• Define hypotheses for new features and set clearly defined goals and metrics.
• Review product performance against KPIs, test and make feature improvements.
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
• Experience: Must have 3 - 5 years' experience shipping products and features for a high-quality streaming service or consumer technology company.
• Background in the building and operating one of the following type of products: web, mobile or connected TV
• Excellent product judgment: You have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound judgments based on tradeoffs of different solutions, complex problems, various stakeholders, and many constraints. You have an in-depth understanding of what makes a user experience good or bad, and strong intuition for what the customer wants to do.
• Incredible attention to detail: You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
• Customer advocacy: You are passionate about and care deeply for the consumer/fan.
• Analytical Skills: You have experience using data analytics (user testing, data analysis, and multivariate testing) to measure the performance of a solution.
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company and product ahead of any particular idea. You have experience working with engineers.
• Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, merchandising, and communicating directly with our community. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company's next generation streaming service provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms – from smartphones and tablets to TV's and gaming consoles.