Principal Business Intelligence Engineer - Funimation
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/22/2021 9:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Principal Business Intelligence Engineer - Funimation jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Principal Business Intelligence Engineer - Funimation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Principal Business Intelligence Engineer - Funimation? Principal Business Intelligence Engineer - Funimation
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise, and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming, and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We are looking for a Principal Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer with a passion for understanding data, developing dashboards, and designing analytics systems to join the Center for Data and Insights team. This position will report to the VP, BI & Analytics, and will work closely with the data engineers and analysts to manage the BI platform. The Principle BI engineer will also work with leads from Marketing, Product, Content, Commerce, and Finance departments to design and build centralized systems of intelligence. The right person for this role will be a self-starter and will be energized by the opportunity to build the BI function from the ground-up.
• Work with business users directly to gather requirements, develop solutions, and provide insights using business intelligence platforms like Tableau, SuperSet, Power BI, and Google Analytics.
• Design, build, and maintain Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics implementations to ensure accurate business and data analysis.
• Build and manage existing business intelligence platforms and monitor key metrics.
• Work with large, complex databases, OLAP engines, data warehouses, and data lakes.
• Create and maintain technical documentation and follow Agile methodologies.
• Work with offshore and onsite teams and own sprint planning and management
• Create unit and stress test scripts/modules.
• Write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code for retrieving data from any data store.
• 7+ years of experience in BI and analytics software development.
• Experience in building automated low latency executive and departmental dashboards
• Experience in Web and Product analytics tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.
• Strong scripting, programming, and SQL skills, preferably using Python, Ruby, and ANSI SQL.
• Experience in setting up a self-service Business Intelligence environment using tools like Tableau, Superset, Imply, PowerBI, etc.
• Experience in compute and orchestration technologies and tools like Databricks, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with and understanding of event data collection tools like Snowplow Insights, Segment, Google Tag Manager, mParticle, Tealium, etc.
• Experience with AWS services like Kinesis, Athena, Glue, etc.
• Experience with OLAP engines like Druid, Clickhouse, etc
• Experience with Cloud data warehouses like Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
• Working knowledge of statistical analysis using tools such as R.
• Experience working with large data sets (Terabytes of data/ billions of records).
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea. Proven ability to work across a matrixed organization
• Highly articulate and an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate well with peers and senior executives, locally and in different regions
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.