Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Preditor, TV Creative Services
The Preditor will be responsible for the day-to-day editing of video content for the supported businesses including on-air promotion, trailers, EPK and behind-the-scenes vignettes, sales reels, co-branded vignettes, radio advertising, etc. The Preditor will work closely with the Writer/Producer, Production and Operations teams to ensure a smooth and productive workflow while maintaining a high productivity and high creative & technical standards in accordance with Sony Creative Center and Sony Pictures Entertainment standards.
• Edits video content for Sony Movie Channel, Cine Sony Television, getTV, Sony Crackle, Sony Global Marketing and other groups as assigned.
• Delivers high level creative on schedule.
• Eagerness to find inventive solutions.
• Ability to work from a variety of sources (dailies, rough cuts, final features, multiple episodes etc).
• Hands-on writing, producing, and editing as needed
• Interfaces with Writer/ Producer, Production and Operations teams, assignments and workflow.
• Maintains technical standards of all post-production content.
• Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track.
• Maintains familiarity with current culture video trends, social platforms and the relevance of fast and slow trends. Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity.
• Exhibits willingness to take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
• Preditor is a great communicator and is punctual. He/she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management.
• Accurately documents work related information via work orders, etc. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery.
Work Experience Requirements
• Minimum of 3-5 years in editing, preferably with a major television network or studio or creative agency
• Skilled in non-linear editing and post-production
• Experience as promo writer/producer and/or copywriting experience
• Strong understanding of Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite
• Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure while dealing with
on-air scheduling deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense rhythm in both editorial/narrative and sound/music
• Knowledge of Avid, Final Cut Pro, Compositing
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Knowledge of Sony Pictures Movie Library preferred
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university (Major in Television or Film production preferred)
Creativity, leadership, ability to think strategically, innovation, teamwork, ability to multi-task,
communication skills, time management
In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual also has his/ her finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. He/she is passionate about strategic branding and creative and the elevation of these brands. He/she is interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with the fan base from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage new audiences specifically regarding social content creation.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios