Physical Production Trainee
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/22/2021 3:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Physical Production Trainee jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Physical Production Trainee postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Physical Production Trainee? Physical Production Trainee, SPT – Summer/Fall 2021
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Professional Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience, and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
Physical Production spearheads and supervises television production strategies for Sony Pictures Television Studios and TriStar. The process begins from the time a project is being considered for production and carries through to the delivery of the series. We work closely with finance, creative, business affairs, legal, and many other departments to present a comprehensive production plan and with those partners, closely manage and execute the plan.
• Assist the department manager in setting up of Writers' Offices
• Assist the department manager in monitoring current productions, including tracking production progress, script revisions, paperwork distribution; becoming familiar with the procedures, processes & terminology of the Production Office and Set
• Assist department coordinators in the smooth and efficient daily running of the department
• Read scripts on current projects to prepare for departmental work such as set breakdown & location research
• Assemble crew availability lists from below-the-line talent agencies & film commissions
• Assemble stage availability lists from worldwide resources and department offices
• Attend internal production meetings to learn how finance, post-production, visual effects and physical production share information and support each other
• A desire to concentrate on the physical production side of scripted television dramas versus the development/creative side
• Attention to detail, display or an application of, and interest in content creation
• Interest in researching locations and tax incentive programs for television production
• Confidence to take initiative and ask questions about the nuts and bolts of production, what you do and don't know
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to stay current on multiple projects
• Proficient in the MS Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Rolling calls experience as well as prior administrative work
• Must have a Bachelor's degree prior to application
• Bachelor's degree in the Film or Communications field with a focus on scripted television series production
• Prior entertainment experience in an administrative role
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.