Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/14/2022 8:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Photo Editor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Photo Editor postings
Full Time Job
Photo Editor for Creative Center, Culver City
The Photo Editor (PE) reports directly to the Photo Manager (PM) and is responsible for assisting the PM with day-to-day workflows of the photo team within Creative Center. The PE is responsible for helping to organize the workload that stems from all clients. We service a growing group of internal Sony Pictures Entertainment partners and projects including but not limited to Distribution, Syndication, Franchise Marketing, all Networks, Home Entertainment, Games, Sony Global Marketing, Ad Sales, PR, Theatrical Marketing, Alliance Group, etc. You will ensure the smooth running of department processes to keep the team on deadline.
The PE will be familiar with the storylines, selecting the best imagery to market, sell and promote Sony Pictures Television's shows while keeping a close eye on production and air schedules. You'll estimate, schedule, and track photo projects effectively, and resolve any photo issues. You will assist the PM in managing unit photography coverage and will oversee editing and distribution of still photography. The PE should understand client requirements, gather assets, communicate schedules and facilitate talent approvals. You will also work closely with the Creative Center Operations and Production teams to communicate photo details relevant to all projects. The PE will work closely with other networks to take delivery of cost-share photography assets.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics: The PE is comfortable with a marked attention to detail: all aspects of this position require a clearheaded and accurate workflow. Second, they can help conceptualize and execute all photo needs. Third, the PE understands that the responsibilities of the role may require attention on evenings and weekends, and this aspect of the position should be understood as par for the course.
The PE is part of the key to the successful growth of the creative team. Additional global channel launches, coupled with the development and execution of an expanding slate of originals and an expanding roster of global constituents, requires that the Creative Center have a strong individual in this position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Handles delivery and distribution of all still photography: ingest, QC, general metadata, create edits (selection), approvals, final metadata/IDs for selects, post/release selects.
• Helps manage day-to-day photo workload and workflow, working closely with internal and external teams to understand timelines.
• Maintains extensive knowledge of schedules and production of full list of Sony titles, enabling him/her to support all shows at a moment's notice.
• Create and edit screengrabs to supplement unit coverage.
• Streamline and maintain QC (Quality Control) processes; ensures all assets meet specs associated with the project.
• Maintains photo archive (Digital Fusion) of full delivery and photo key sets for all SPT shows (QCed and captioned).
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Facilitates network and talent photo approvals.
• Ensures that photography is delivered to Clients within agreed upon timeline.
• Assists in onboarding photographers to the SPT process.
• Establishes overall timing plans with client and PM based on production and air schedules, as well as project briefing.
• Assists in developing knowledge of and relationships with new resources, talent and technology.
• Aids in the implementation of workflow and production management software(s) on a global scale.
• Liaise with all departments to ensure interdepartmental processes are maintained when obtaining, circulating, delivering and approving assets.
• Documents detailed department procedures that clearly represent the overall team workflows.
• Help the PM to document existing workflows for the Creative Center.
• As needed, assists PM with managing all production of episodic photography for Sony shows, which includes estimation of coverage days and budget, review of scripts, selection of photo days and key scenes, and hiring of photographers who will yield most impactful and brand-appropriate photos.
• Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track. Possesses excellent anticipatory skills.
• Exhibits willingness to take on responsibilities outside of the job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
• Great communicator and is punctual. Maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management.
• Accurately documents work related information via work orders, etc. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery.
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience editing, ideally within entertainment
• Basic knowledge of television standards and broadcasting (international)
• Basic knowledge of non-linear systems
• Mac, Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office experience a must
• Retouching skills a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with editing platforms such as Digital Fusion and Photo Mechanic a plus
• High level of quality output in terms of composition, color and retouching
• Self-motivated, quick on their feet with ability to pivot
• Exceptional time management skills
• Ability to problem solve creatively
• Possesses a ''whatever it takes'' mentality
• Collaborative team player – generous with sharing input and can easily build on other's ideas
• Passionate about breaking new ground – new technology, new channels
• First line of defense with clients, raising red flags as necessary
• Manages time appropriately and meets aggressive deadlines
• Quickly and easily adapts to changing mandates, priorities
• Proven ability to manage high volumes of work
• Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal), time management, anticipation, teamwork, proactive problem solving, critical and strategic thinking, leadership, innovation, strong ability to multi-task and pivot
• In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual also has their finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. She/ he is passionate about strategic branding and creative and the elevation of these brands. She/ he is interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with the fan base from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage new audiences specifically regarding brand storytelling that is platform agnostic.
Background on Creative Center
Creative Center is a hybrid internal agency that is a hub for Sony Pictures Television Studio, Franchise Marketing, Global Networks, One Sony and Corporate Initiatives. We are also the digital agency of record for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Our focus is to service businesses across the globe within the Sony universe. We are a design consultancy that brings best practices from the agency world into our corporate studio environment. We harness what's relevant from both and blend within our model. We apply high-end creative, strategy and intimate knowledge about our brands to every engagement with a sense of urgency, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. We are built to be nimble and c