Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2023 5:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Paralegal, Television jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Paralegal, Television postings
Full Time Job
The Paralegal, Television will be providing support to the attorneys in Sony Pictures Television's (''SPT's'') legal department, handling a variety of projects and tasks associated with the worldwide production of SPT's pilots, series, movies-for-television and unscripted programming.
This individual will be expected to take responsibility for assigned projects and be proactive in accomplishing tasks. A desire to work efficiently, manage multiple assignments on a daily basis, respond promptly to inquiries, and foster positive working relationships across Studio departments as well as with external partners and clients is crucial for this role.
• Draft, negotiate, process, and manage a high volume of production agreements, including episodic writer and director agreements;
• Review and process production-related vendor agreements, including agreements for equipment/props/wardrobe rentals/leases and other agreements related to worldwide television production;
• Procure, analyze, process and assist in approving documentation associated with delivery requirements for SPT's pilots, series and movies-for-television;
• Liaise with other Sony departments toward compliance with delivery requirements for SPT's pilots, series and movies-for-television;
• Upload documentation to secure digital platforms, and coordinate the upload of documentation which are governed by other Sony departments;
• Draft and process network quitclaim or termination agreements;
• Draft and process court petitions for minor (under 18) actors ;
• General paralegal assistance and problem-solving on a daily basis supporting SPT's attorneys servicing diverse Company business units.
• Bachelor's Degree. Paralegal certification preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in a top law firm and/or in a studio/in-house entertainment legal affairs group. Entertainment industry experience is strongly preferred.
• Ability/experience in effectively using Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Teams Calling and Word), Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, cloud storage platforms (e.g., Box, Dropbox) and digital document and email management applications (e.g., iManage) is strongly preferred.
• Excellent drafting skills along with superb judgment, prioritization and communication skills while interfacing with all levels of Company personnel and outside partners and clients.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively and with attention to detail
• Clear understanding of legal department needs, including the need for preserving confidentiality and legal privilege.
• Commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
• Willingness to help others and learn new skills.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $65,500-$86,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Norman Lear Bldg