Paralegal / Assistant, APAC
Sony PicturesSingapore, SG
This was removed by the employer on 5/12/2022 7:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Paralegal / Assistant, APAC jobs in Singapore-SG
Search all Paralegal / Assistant, APAC postings
Full Time Job
About Sony Pictures Entertainment
SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
Our Motion Picture Group's vast film library includes more than 3,500 titles, including 12 Best Picture Academy Award® winners. The studio has produced and financed some of the industry's most notable franchises including Spider-Man, Jumanji, Bad Boys, Peter Rabbit, Men In Black, Hotel Transylvania, Ghostbusters and Venom.
About the Role
SPE is looking to hire a talented, enthusiastic, motivated and thoughtful paralegal/assistant to join our APAC (Asia Pacific) legal team which maintains high standards and encourages innovation and professional growth. The paralegal/assistant will be based in Singapore and report to Sony Pictures' Vice President, Legal Affairs for APAC.
The focus of the role will be to assist Sony Pictures Television's Theatrical, Digital and Television businesses which are responsible for the distribution of programming for theatrical exhibition and digital and television broadcast across the region. Responsibilities will include overseeing corporate secretarial matters, and administrative matters such as permits and registrations to support marketing and production (with a particular focus on China).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a strong and growing legal team that works on cutting edge deals and encourages innovation and professional growth!
• Working knowledge of the Chinese legal system in relation to marketing/promotional activities.
• Self-starter with a proactive and positive attitude to their work that takes ownership of tasks and is able to work independently as well as with other employees.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage complex processes (such document execution across territories/time zones) prioritize and manage competing deadlines.
• Some experience of preparation for board meetings, completion and circulation of board papers, ensuring compliance and reporting requirements.
• Ability to liaise with external providers, in particular corporate secretarial service providers
• Ability and willingness to continue to learn new law and industry practices.
• Native Mandarin language skills preferred but not essential
Who we're looking for:
• Approximately 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• A basic understanding of the company secretary function and willingness to expand skills in this area.
• Some relevant experience with a studio, network, multinational media company or major law firm in any or some of the following areas: TV distribution, networks, broadcast regulatory and corporate media transactions.
• A collaborative team player with a wish to learn and support others.
SGP - Offsite/Home/Remote - SPENA