Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Operations Coordinator, TV Creative Center
The Creative Center is the global hybrid internal agency within Sony Pictures Television that also services businesses across Sony Pictures Entertainment. We service a growing group of internal Sony Pictures Entertainment partners and projects including but not limited to Sony Pictures Television Studio and subsequent labels, Franchise Marketing, Sony Networks and FAST Channels, Games, Sony Global Marketing, PR, Theatrical Marketing, Corporate Comms, D&I, P&O, CPG, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, etc.
The Operations Coordinator (OC) supports the Operations and Production teams in the day-to-day flow of all projects into the Creative Center. The OC will report to the Senior Operations Manager. The OC will ensure the smooth running of department processes to keep the team on deadline and on budget. The OC will help the Operations team estimate, schedule, and track projects effectively while maintaining correct and consistent metadata around all projects. The OC will be responsible for working with both the Operations team and production team to make sure all Wrike users are completing their statuses, following protocols, and keeping all information up to date.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics: The OC is comfortable with a marked attention to detail: all aspects of this position require a clearheaded and accurate workflow. The OC anticipates team needs and has basic operational and project management skills. The OC understands that the responsibilities of the delivery schedule may require attention on evenings and weekends, and this aspect of the position should be understood as par for the course. OC has excellent follow through capabilities, is tenacious and has impeccable organizational skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Help the Operations team in all aspects of resource scheduling, project creation, and metadata management in Wrike.
• Maximize productivity among art directors, graphic designers, production artists, animators, preditors, associate preditors, and writer/producers. Minimize downtime for the team.
• Responsible for managing metadata and workflows within Wrike.
• Help the Operations team to document detailed department procedures that clearly represent the all team workflows.
• Help the Operations team to build optimized workflows for supporting all networks.
• Help the Operations team to document all existing workflows for the Sony Creative Center.
• Help the Operations team and Producers determine areas of potential automation for internal workflows.
• Help the Senior Manager, Technical Operations in QC and delivery of assets, including static, digital, and video deliverables.
• Provide support to technical operations – responsibilities may include video subclipping, transcription, asset management, etc. – as needed.
• Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep highly detailed schedules of all resources. Possesses excellent anticipatory skills.
• Exhibit willingness to take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
• Great communicator and is punctual. He/she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management.
• Accurately documents all internal workflows and processes. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery.
Work Experience Requirements
• Minimum 3 years of experience in television, studio and/or creative agency, with at least 2 years in resource management
• Basic knowledge of digital, print, editorial, design and animation workflows
• Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder
• Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Adobe AfterEffects (for graphics template versioning)
• Working knowledge of industry-standard media (video and design) file formats and video transcoding/encoding workflows
• Mac and Excel experience a must
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, quick and assertive with the ability to pivot accordingly
• Exceptional time management skills
• Ability to solve problems creatively
• Possesses a ''whatever it takes mentality''
• Collaborative, generous team player – someone who readily shares ideas but also can happily build on other's ideas
• Manages time appropriately and meets aggressive deadlines
• Quickly and easily adapts to changing mandates, priorities
• Passionate about breaking new ground – new technology, new channels
Creativity, leadership, ability to think strategically, innovation, teamwork, ability to multi-task,
communication skills, time management, prioritization skills a must
The OC is passionate about strategic branding, creative and the elevation of our brands. The OC is a leader and a collaborator who is eager to facilitate team success. They have a deep understanding of how to nurture and cultivate a creative culture filled with artists spanning various capabilities. They are dedicated to the growth and career paths of their team members and can create a safe environment where creativity can thrive. The OC has a grasp on future business mapping and growing businesses effectively through creative innovation.
Background on Creative Center
Creative Center is a hybrid internal agency that is a hub for Sony Pictures Television Studio, Franchise Marketing, Global Networks, Sony One and Corporate Initiatives. We are also the digital agency of record for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Our focus is to service businesses across the globe within the Sony universe.
We are a design consultancy that brings best practices from the agency world into our corporate studio environment. We harness what's relevant from both and blend within our model. We apply high-end creative, strategy and intimate knowledge about our brands to every engagement with a sense of urgency, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. We are built to be nimble and customize teams based on the various creative needs of our constituents.
We currently ideate and execute the 360 marketing campaigns for original show launches, tent pole acquisitions as well as all B2B, B2C events for Sony Pictures Television. We are the branding agency for global marketing designing and launching Sony Networks around the world, global campaigns for Sony IP, One Sony Initiatives and overarching Sony Pictures Entertainment campaigns for various corporate groups.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Cohn Bldg