On-Demand Content and User Experience Manager
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Ariba On-Demand Content and User Experience Manager, Procurement
Procurement Content and User Experience Manager
Sony Pictures Entertainment Procurement is a very dynamic corporate function that contributes across the studio and is comprised of the following integrated teams: Strategic Sourcing, Alliances, Business Transformation & Operational Excellence, Supplier Diversity, and Travel. All teams collaborate to help guide the businesses to purchase through preferred strategic suppliers and/or established buying channels and drive compliance to procurement and business strategies. This department comprises of fast-paced, highly energetic individuals thriving to make a difference to the company. SPE has embarked on a major transformation program to optimize and streamline its source-to-pay (S2P) processes and systems to maximize the user experience: S2P Transformation. The program met its objectives by simplifying the S2P processes, developing intuitive platform for placing orders, and populating Procurement content (Procurement negotiated contracts, catalogs, rate cards and suppliers) in the platform for searchability.
The Procurement Content and Experience Manager reports to the Director, Business Transformation in the SPE Procurement Department. The position supports the S2P Transformation Program as well as ongoing business operations. The Content and Experience Manager will be instrumental in ensuring a positive end user experience by developing, implementing, and managing Procurement content within SPE's purchasing platform enabled by Ariba On-Demand (AOD).
The Position (Job Responsibilities):
The Content and Experience Manager will be responsible for:
• Work with the Sourcing and Category Management teams to operationalize negotiated agreements, rate cards, supplier information, and other purchasing data into user friendly content within AOD.
• Managing and updating procurement content within AOD with a focus on measurable and incremental improvement in the user experience.
• Analyzing data and purchasing trends to develop recommendations for new catalogs, commodities, forms, or preferred vendors.
• Deeply understanding customer pain-points and needs, acting as an advocate for the customer within the program framework.
• Supporting category and contracts management teams in accurately and correctly inputting contracts and other content into AOD.
• Maintaining a high-level knowledge of AOD, new features available, and any functionality releases made through the program.
• Assisting with the development of communications, documentation and materials as it pertains to the overall shopping experience in AOD
• Normalizing and governing content on an ongoing basis to ensure optimum usability, including metadata tagging where appropriate.
• Supporting resolution of functional issues reported by the users related to access and content in the system.
• Supporting the enablement of buying channel strategies and seek new opportunities to continuously improve a simplified user experience for employees who make purchases and pay for goods and services
• Collaborating with IT partners to ensure optimization of procurement tools and technologies
The candidate must have:
• 3-5 years of functional experience in Source-to-Pay processes and systems
• 3-5 years relevant experience in content management or communications. This may include, but is not limited to, content management for: CRM, ERP, e-commerce, etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency in administering content for cloud technologies.
• Understanding of principles of UX or design, demonstrated by relevant work in design, UX, or other aesthetic focus areas.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
• Collaborative, open-minded, and proactive mentality.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in entertainment industry
The candidate would ideally have:
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience using Ariba On Demand or other purchasing solution (e.g., Coupa).
• Preferred experience working for an entertainment company
• Comfort with presenting to multiple levels of an organization and tailoring content appropriately, including development of PowerPoint presentations.
• Creativity and ingenuity in problem solving and innovating.
Why this is a cool opportunity:
• This program is an important step for SPE and will give the candidate an opportunity to develop this position and grow alongside it.
• This program is also a pilot for Agile methodology and will afford the candidate opportunity to learn about one of the most widely applied project methodologies today.
• The team cultivates an open, safe, friendly, and joyful work environment.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios