Office Administrator- Distribution Canada
Sony PicturesToronto, ON
This was removed by the employer on 11/17/2022 7:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Office Administrator- Distribution Canada jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Office Administrator- Distribution Canada postings
Full Time Job
Office Administrator- Distribution Canada
Our Sony Pictures Entertainment, Toronto Office is looking for an Office Administrator to join their team. This role will work closely with two Co-Country Managers of the Canada office to provide comprehensive support for the Sony Pictures Television and Home Entertainment Distribution Canada team. The team consists of 28 members across the two functions and is the position responsible for overseeing office and facilities management, fulfilling accounting and finance requirements, general administration support for the two Co-Country Managers, and the on-the-ground resource for all team-related needs. As the Office Administrator, you will report to one of the Co-Country Manager leads.
The Office Administrator is the perfect fit for someone who has exceptional organizational and communication skills. Must be a reliable and trusted team member who is proactive and has a solutions-oriented mindset toward all responsibilities. The position will also work collaboratively with the US and Canada SONY company offices by facilitating strategic discussions focused on the functionality of the office management. The Office Administrator supports critical aspects within the larger operational function of the office and contributes to the overall success of the team.
• Provide support to the Co-Country Managers including responding to external and internal inquiries, calendar management, online filing upkeep and meeting coordination
• Schedule departmental meetings; assist with preparation and distribution of meeting agenda, catering, and materials
• Create travel authorization requests, and book and manage all travel requirements/reservations for Canada leadership team
• Prepare, reconcile, and submit expense reports for the Co-Country Managers
• Create and maintain administrative systems that support the function of the office and ensure that essential tasks and systems are understood by at least one other individual in the office for business continuity.
• Track attendance and manage vacation requests for all team members.
• Liaise with HR representatives in Vancouver and Los Angeles to assist with onboarding new team members and ensuring access to systems and tools are set up to support the success of the new hire.
• Keep current on company projects and events to update Co-Country Managers with detailed notes, if needed
• Serve as a 'go to' individual for all the Toronto office employees and contractors.
Office /Facilities Management
• Manage the needs and logistics of the physical office space including but not limited to acting as primary liaison for building and security, managing correspondence and courier requirements, overseeing the procurement of kitchen and office supplies, telecom and printer function and supplies, and generally ensuring the team has the appropriate tools needed.
• Act as on-the-ground point person for Office-related projects including active office renovation, rearrangement of office facilities and planning return-to-office needs
• Ensure Office functionality adheres to Green Sony Sustainability goals
• Serve as a return-to-office liaison with the internal team, facilities, and P&O (we are currently working remotely but expected to return in early 2023, beginning with hybrid return-to-office work arrangements)
• Work with Finance to manage and track all AP, create purchase orders for incoming invoices, and monitor vendor relationships. Ensure prompt payment on accounts.
• Reconcile and submit expense reports for corporate Travel & Entertainment AMEX cards, ensuring that the justification and approvals line up with Sony policies and expediting processing time. Liaising with key contacts to ensure expenses are processed and approved in a timely manner.
• Liaise with other SONY Offices in Canada on charity initiatives, event opportunities and share best practices
• Other duties/special projects as assigned
• 2 – 5 years of experience as an Office Manager and/or Executive Assistant
• Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Resourceful and engaged in everyday duties
• Refined interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships based on trust and professionalism.
• Collaborative team-player.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize, ensuring all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are shifting and subject to ongoing revision.
• Self-starter with excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Impeccable communication skills – written and oral.
Nice to have
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience using client management, procurement, and accounting systems/software such as SAP, Ariba and Concur is an asset.
• Previous Project Management Experience
How we take care of you
• Competitive salary, with annual bonus eligibility.
• A comprehensive health plan upon your date of hire
• Registered Pension Plan with a company match after a 90 day wait period.
• A wide array of innovation employee benefits to support you (and your family) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program and Tuition Reimbursement.
• Rest and recharge during a week off during the winter holidays, in addition to holidays, sick days and vacation time.
• Participate in extensive learning & development opportunities at all levels, including curated instructor-led classes and high impact online resources.
• Access to an employee online store filled with a variety of discounted SONY products.
• Sony Pictures Television and Home Entertainment offices are in mid-town Toronto, a bustling area of north Toronto featuring a melting pot of restaurants, bars, shops, Cineplex movie theatres and the soon-to-be-completed Eglinton Crosstown LRT (Light Rail Transit) connecting the East and West ends of the city.
• Watch movies and TV shows at work during screenings of our newest movies and TV series.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
CAN - Toronto - Yonge Street - SPT