Mgr Marketing Strategy, Funimation
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Mgr Marketing Strategy, Funimation (LA)
Manager Marketing Strategy, Funimation
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is currently seeking a Sr Manager/Manager, Marketing Strategy in Culver City or Dallas. This internal consulting role is a critical component in ensuring the health and growth of the Funimation brand and will be part of the Marketing Strategy team.
Funimation is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. Additionally, Funimation's audience represents a diverse and passionate group of people that immerse themselves in the worlds of anime, animation, gaming, science fiction, horror, and more. This role requires understanding this audience and having a deep relationship with the content. A love of anime (or a respectful willingness to explore and learn) is key to success.
The ideal candidate has experience have a strong acumen for storytelling, analysis, and creative thinking. Experience working with strategic frameworks, consumer research and metrics are critical for success. Additionally, individuals with excellent leadership, relationship and problem solving skills in fast-paced environments are encouraged to apply.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Proactively identify opportunities and business challenges
• Actively lead strategic consumer work that supports key business goals and objectives (must be able to articulate the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, gather supporting data, and communicate findings succinctly and clearly)
• Develop comprehensive recommendations and business plans
• Monitor industry and consumer trends; establish, track, and report KPIs and subsequently deliver business-focused POV
• Develop and execute primary consumer research
• Work with Sony Advanced Analytics
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA highly preferred
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience (e.g., consulting or start-up business environment)
• Experience in delivering strategically founded recommendations and structure output from unstructured situations and data
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; proactive, adaptable, and collaborative
• Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); thinks well on their feet, as well as presents information succinctly and effectively
• Creative acumen, maturity, and enthusiasm
• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Working knowledge of anime
• Experience developing and/or using marketing research
• Experience or exposure in a marketing function and quantitative capacities
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
• Self-directed and able to work independently but also able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented department
• Strong sense of project ownership and dedication to delivering outstanding results
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios