Mgr Bus Affairs Admin, TV
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/30/2020 5:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Mgr Bus Affairs Admin, TV jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Mgr Bus Affairs Admin, TV postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Mgr Bus Affairs Admin, TV? Mgr Bus Affairs Admin, TV
The Mgr Business Affairs admin will report to the VP Business Affairs Admin. The TV BA Admin team is responsible for highly negotiated deals in compensation process for television overall term deals, above-the-line talent, development, pilot to the wrap of a series, interacting with agents, lawyers and production executives with the creation of and set-up of confidential salary structures.
• Manage and create payment schedules of the compensation process for highly confidential and negotiated above-the-line talent deals, overall term deals, pilots and series.
• Analyze and interpret contract language generated from Business and Legal Affairs and determine what method of payment should be initiated (taxable compensation, guild related or independent contractor, etc.)
• May be responsible for overseeing/managing BA Admin coordinators to ensure timely completion of all workflow
• Collect all pertinent contractual and payroll documentation and ensure the proper version of the contract is being utilized.
• Fielding phone calls, emails and answering questions from the negotiators, agents, lawyers, creative personnel, production accountants and production executives on status of payments and layout of the payment schedules.
• Keep track of where the payment requests are in the signature process (as this is an issue due to requests not being signed off in a timely manner) to ensure payments are made and do not incur penalties from unions.
• Manage the disbursement and tracking of the talent checks.
• Oversee the coordinator and review check requests created by the coordinator before requests are turned in for approval.
• Minimum 4+ year's experience in Business Affairs Administration or Contract Administration
• Excellent understanding of contract language, structure and interpretation
• Excellent knowledge of entertainment industry practices, guilds etc.
• Strong client service skills
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.