Mgr Bus Affairs Admin, TV
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Mgr Bus Affairs Admin, TV
The Mgr Business Affairs admin will report to the VP Business Affairs Admin. The TV BA Admin team is responsible for highly negotiated deals in compensation process for television overall term deals, above-the-line talent, development, pilot to the wrap of a series, interacting with agents, lawyers and production executives with the creation of and set-up of confidential salary structures.
• Manage and create payment schedules of the compensation process for highly confidential and negotiated above-the-line talent deals, overall term deals, pilots and series.
• Analyze and interpret contract language generated from Business and Legal Affairs and determine what method of payment should be initiated (taxable compensation, guild related or independent contractor, etc.)
• May be responsible for overseeing/managing BA Admin coordinators to ensure timely completion of all workflow
• Collect all pertinent contractual and payroll documentation and ensure the proper version of the contract is being utilized.
• Fielding phone calls, emails and answering questions from the negotiators, agents, lawyers, creative personnel, production accountants and production executives on status of payments and layout of the payment schedules.
• Keep track of where the payment requests are in the signature process (as this is an issue due to requests not being signed off in a timely manner) to ensure payments are made and do not incur penalties from unions.
• Manage the disbursement and tracking of the talent checks.
• Oversee the coordinator and review check requests created by the coordinator before requests are turned in for approval.
• Minimum 4+ year's experience in Business Affairs Administration or Contract Administration
• Excellent understanding of contract language, structure and interpretation
• Excellent knowledge of entertainment industry practices, guilds etc.
• Strong client service skills
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
ABOUT SONY PICTURES TELEVISION
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating 24 wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies in 12 countries, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.